help!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi there i have been on the tablets for 3 months now and loose some weight one week and then the next i put it back on with a little extra the next this is how it has been for me.

But i think my problem is with the tablets i take for depression sertraline 200mg a day and quetiapine 200mg a day and i know that the quetiapine cause increased appetite and weight gain the doctor will not take off these.

i was wondering if anybody knew of something to control a big appetite and to boost your metableism that i could take along side orlistat but needs to be in table form Many Thanks for any help you can give me

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Green tea is supposed to speed up the matabolism. Don't know what to suggest for a big appetite. I eat celery if I am hungry between meals.
  • Posted

Green tea works well for me, i notice a diff when taking it compared to not.

If you have a big appetite then maybe you need to snack on non-fat foods to try and bridge the gap, or drink more water when you feel hungry if its outside your meal time.

Are you exercising?

• Posted

hi thanks for replying and thanks for the green tea idea but would be the same if i had it in tablet form as dont like tea of any sort and i also drink plenty of water throughout the day

As regards the exercising for the first two months i exercised quite alot but still had the problem loosing some weight the putting it back and more despite eating a really low diet but for the lastmonth have been ill i have not been able to exercise but as getting better now im starting to pick the exercise back up now but any way thank for your help

• Posted

i assume a green tea tablet would have the same effect as drinking a cup of it but check it out.

don't forget that with exercising comes muscle, there have been months where i put on a little or dont loose as much but my body shape has changed dramatically - less wobble! have you noticed a change in how your clothes fit?

• Posted

May I suggest you speak to your GP and maybe do as I do and have a fortnightly appt with the surgery nurse for nutritional advice and encouragement.

My nurse told me eating a small apple after your main meal helps break up the fat.

• Posted

thanks for your replys i do have 2 weekly weigh ins with the nurse and does her best to advise me but i am a really fussy eater as dont like fruit and as regards salad i only like lettuce tomatoe and oinion i am struggling to find heathly snacks to keep going between meals when needed

thanks again for all your help

• Posted

Go Ahead snack bars are nice as as Snack a Jacks.

Do you like rice, I have as a quick meal the packet rice already flavoured which are very low in fat so have with bread or pitta bread.

WW do some nice desserts and of course you always have Activia fat free yoghurt.

I also find that Saisnburys So Good current buns are nice toasted.

Deli chicken is also good, the flavoured type BBQ, Chinese, Chilli and on top of Ryvita or Dutch toast are also a good lunch time meal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.