Help!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

For the last 6 months or so I have gradually lost all sense of life.All I want to do is sleep and still feel tired.I  go to work but feel "useless" .I have never had a bad mark through all my career but lately have thrice been in the Managers office for "out of character events"

The house I once had spotless means nothing to me anymore and is just four walls where I find is the loneliest place on earth.I am married with 2 children at university so my life should just be starting.My husband keeps telling me to snap out of it, there are people dying of cancer etc that have a right to feel like this but I have got my whole life ahead of me.

I wouldn't do anything stupid, I haven't got it in me but I don't want to be here anymore,  not like this.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Dear,

You have depression, and you are completely normal. With depression it is normal to be tired, feel "blah", unmotivated...You have 2 kids who left for school (I assume they moved out) and you are suffering from their loss. Empty Nest Syndrome is another name for loss of your children. Your husband means well but he is completely wrong. You CANNOT "snap out of it". It is a mental illness. Please go see your doctor and tell them what you said here. Your doctor can help you with this. It is very serious, believe me, I have extreme depression and it just doesn't go away!

Hugs!

• Posted

Thankyou Sarah,

One of my kids is away from home and the other travels daily but I don't see much of her.

I just want to feel normal again.I have an appointment this morning with Doctor.

Thankyou for taking the time to reply

• Posted

You are very welcome! There are  many things you can do to feel better and the first step is seeing that doctor! Good luck! smile
    • Posted

Let us know how you get on and if doctor  was helpful
    • Posted

Doctor really listened Anne.I've been put on prozac for 6 months and have to go back in 4 weeks and have been offered counselling aswell.It was a relief to tell someone though if it hadnt been for the support on here, I might not have gone.

Thankyou to everybody for your support x

• Posted

So pleased and that we were helpful.  Hope you feel better soon.  My daughter is training to be a counsellor as she has supported me through years of depression.  I hope counsellor helps you. 
  • Posted

Hi please try to go out and get involved in something you seem to have reached a point in life when people say you should be having great time kids gone to uni etc. But when the kids move on it can be so hard its like they do t need us anymore and if your anything like me I live my life for my kids so now I on my own so lonely but you must push yourself go for coffee join a club if your lucky enough to have a friend tell them how your feeling not sure if you have been to doctor, there is more fun and living for us todo we just need to find our confidence to get it good luck take care x Caroline

• Posted

Thankyou Caroline.Yes I lived for my kids and have lost my way since they went to uni.

I really haven't got any friends and just see people st work.I am seeing my Doctor today so hopefully I might feel better soon.x

• Posted

Hi hez you sound like you have depression it would be a good idea to go to your doctor and explain how you feel ! It would be better if you had support at hope to help you get better ! Maybe it would be a good idea to get some information whilst at the doctor so you husband can hopefully understand how you are feeling ! I wish you all the best david 
  • Posted

Hy Hez, I completely 'get' what you're saying, it sounds very much like depression, (which often gets mistaken for 'sorry for yourself')!

The thing with depression, is that you won't be able to 'pull yourself together' (at least in my experience) I couldn't), 

Sleeping & tiredness are two attributes which I can relate to, also I was incredibly lonely & couldn't seen to find any 'joy' or lightness in anything!!

Best advice I can suggest is to see your GP to have a frank talk about how you are feeling, . .

B Wishes Mart. 

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply.I hope the next few months arw better than the last.Best wishes to you also.Its good to know I am not alone.

Hez x

• Posted

Hope seeing your GP was helpful.......

Never easy when your kids fly the nest sad

Let us know how it went 

• Posted

Hi hez i hate this pull your.self together thing if it was that easy.there would be no such thing as depression ! Society doesnt understand depression as they cant see whats wrong  and they havent suffered this complaint ! Hez as i said earlier the best person to help you is your doctor.who can then decide what course treatment.would suit ! Would your husband be receptive  to the idea of going with you intially to support you and be able to understand that.you do have a problem ,a treatable condition that he can help you get better also ! I wish you well david x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.