Help!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

For the last 6 months or so I have gradually lost all sense of life.All I want to do is sleep and still feel tired.I  go to work but feel "useless" .I have never had a bad mark through all my career but lately have thrice been in the Managers office for "out of character events"

The house I once had spotless means nothing to me anymore and is just four walls where I find is the loneliest place on earth.I am married with 2 children at university so my life should just be starting.My husband keeps telling me to snap out of it, there are people dying of cancer etc that have a right to feel like this but I have got my whole life ahead of me.

I wouldn't do anything stupid, I haven't got it in me but I don't want to be here anymore,  not like this.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello there!  Just tuned in and I see you've been to the doc and you're on prozac now, etc.  Just remember that prozac can only fix things in the short term; its not a long term solution.  I hope the doc took bloods to test for various conditions such as thyroid or other hormone issues/imbalances,   Depression is such a generic term; so often there is something in the unconscious that is trying to come to the fore, and excessive sleep keeps the volume turned down on what might be behind your very low mood.  Really the most helpful thing I can say is Join A Group!  It doesn't matter what you do together just get yoursellf a peer group where you feel comfortable and supported enough to blab or blubber (!) when you feel like it.  Be well - we all can relate.
    • Posted

Hi Fiona,

I didn't have bloods taken as I have hypothyroidism and are tested yearly for my levels.I know thus is not the long term solution but if it can help me feel a bit better to cope then things might get better.

At the moment,  joining any kind of group is far from possible.Talking on here is an achievement! 

Hez

• Posted

Hi hez64, I too have hypothyroidism...maybe it contributes to depression, not sure.It doesn't help!  As for meds, I would like to you listen to your doctor, and yourrself. Take whatever meds work for you, for as long as you need. There is no timeline. It bothers me when people warn against meds, because with therapy and other help, meds can save your life. I have tried several different ones including Prozac and found one that works for me. It can take a while so don't give up! :D
    • Posted

Thankyou Sarah

Its been a struggle with the hypothyroidism itself and as you say, its not easy.

I will perservere with the meds and as long as they work, I will keep taking them.Just 1 negative comment by someone on here made me doubt I would get better but I have to try something.

Thankyou for your support.

Hez x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.