help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im feeling very scared and somewhat confused.and im not a hundred percent sure why.I'm scared im going to forget who i am,or where i am,as I dont always feel i am where i am that I'm somewhere else.I recently come out if depression,and I think it's partly to do with only having two months left at uni and it scares me.my memories of other places are very much at the forefront of my mind,and they come randomly and chaotically,so I could be stood talking to someone in doing my job and feel like i'm walking down a street i know or when I think of walking out of the shopping center i work in that I'll come out into the center i used to shop in where i used to live.it's getting on my nerves as all i want is to feel normal,but feeling normal is actually scareing me.being at uni is reminding me alot of college,which adds to the feeling of being elsewhere.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had this only a coup,e of times and it was quite unsettling... I think it is what people refer to as derealization. It is part of anxiety and depression but if it is troubling you or becomming more frequent, i would see your GP for a little chat, it might be time to tweek your medication or try some therapy
    • Posted

Im actually waiting to see someone,but it's still about six or seven weeks away...so annoying.
    • Posted

In the meantime try some deep controlled breathing if you feel yourself becomming anxious about it, especially if you are in public and worried people will notice you getting anxious.  It is common and can't hurt you, but the more you worry about it, the worse it will seem, so tell your brain it can't harm you and even though its annoying it will eventually lose its power and stop.... A bit of reverse physcology

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.