HELP!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I feel like I am ging Crazy, I feel like I belong in a looney home, very helpless, no control of my body, wierd and wild thoughts, racing thoughts. My panic attacks are getting worse and I can't seem to make myself believe, I will be ok. I feel like I am going to pass out / faint. Does anyone else get these symptoms??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

certainly, it's very normal for anxiety sufferers to feel thIs, these words will not ease you at the minute, but my advice is tyre yourself out. There is a very good tenique that I us during panic attacks and that is wiggle your feet 50 times, then tense your calf muscles 50 times then upper leg the stomach the pectorals then biceps.  Sounds daft and I thought it was hippy rubbish at first but it defiantly does work.   After a sleep come back on here and please feel free to express yourself, it will help you and also others.  Seriously try it. Sorry forgot to mention make sure your doing it in bed or somewhere comfortable to sleep.  Hope this helps
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice! I will definitely try this. I had to take my LORAZAPAN 0.5mg last night to calm myself down. Do you believe that anxiety / panic attacks can be overcome with out medication?? I hate to be on medication, but seems to be the only thing that gives me temporary relief. Do you feel like you are going crazy and feel that nothing can help you?? I am over the physical stress, it's the mental that is getting to me worse.
  • Posted

Hi, i know exactly how you feel, ive had anxiety nd depression for about 6 years, ive missed out on so much cuz its got a hold ov me. Also struggle to go out. Last week i couldn't take anymore so ive started taking citrapalm (if thats how u spell it) ive got no fight left in me. Im only on day 3 ov medicine. Are you on any medicine?
    • Posted

Hey Roxanne, thanks for the reply. I'm on the weak stuff, Lorazapam .5mg. It is only a temporary fix as I do not want to depend on medication(this is probably why I am having a tough time). I am dealing with this by forcing myself to do the things I would normally love doing. This evil mental issue has made me a homebody. Before I go anywhere, I have to make sure there is a hospital within 5 mile radius, this is how bad it's gotten. I am always fearing the worse, I always feel like I'm going to faint out of nowhere, or stop breathing, or thinking that my heart will stop beating out of no where. I was addicted to pain meds about 2yrs ago, drug of choice, Tramadol 50mg. I guess the addiction took a real toll on my mental health. I have been off of them for 2yrs and counting. I am only 27yrs old and I feel like an old man. I want to start living my life, but this is just holding me down. I feel like I'm nuts and no one understands the feeling and no one ever will until they experience it. I don't feel myself anymore. I just want to be normal sad
    • Posted

Yeah i know what you mean. I never wanted medication but its my only hope left. I cant take anymore. Ive got a psychologist nd ive tryed for years to ignore it but its always been thete to ruin everything. I cant go out, i find simple things very hard to do. Struggle to eat, I watch people and wish i was normal like them. Its horrible. I don't know how I've survived this long. I've read some lovely things on here and hopefully I'm not taking this medicine for nothing. I've only tried it cuz ppl have said its worked for them. Im scared everyday nd think we all need someone who understands. I cant even remember what i was like be4 this
    • Posted

Roxanne, I have come to the conclusion that our head can be our worst enemy. We have to fight all our fears by facing them. If you are afraid of water, the only way to face it is by jumping in. We live in a crazy world that sometimes makes us a bit crazy, but me and you are as normal as can be, we just haven't figured out how to win the mental battle we have been fighting for years. It is good for everyone to have a little anxiety, controlling it is the hard part and that is where me and you fall short. Our problem is, that we are unable to convince ourselves that we are going to be ok, we continue to listen to what our head is telling us and we believe it, because it's coming from our own self. Force your self to face your fear, even if it scares the sh*t out of you. Just know, that in the end, you are going to be ok.......and believe it. Keep yourself very busy, go out, positive thoughts, go hiking, take a walk, go to the beach, live life the way we are suppose to for we only get one shot at it. I know we can fight this, we have made it this far. God chooses when we must go, don;t let your head make that decision for you. WE ARE THE ONES THAT ARE IN COTROL OF OUR OWN BODY.Remember this always :

FEAR IS JUST AN ILLUSION, IT DOESN'T EXIST - YOU CREATED IT. IT"S ALL IN YOUR MIND. CORRECT THE INSIDE AND THE OUTSIDE WILL FALL INTO PLACE. Hope this helps, it's always good to come on here to reassure ourselves that there are people out here like us smile

• Posted

Your words are very wise and i do understand what your saying but i feel like damaged goods. I know your right and you sound just like my brother but there's a brick wall between me and reality and no matter how hard i try i cant climb over it. There must be a way for us all, we dont deserve to live like this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.