help...:(

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone...ryt this has been going on for the last few weeks...ive had numbness all ovwr my body...now this week its more intense..on my neck and throat....really scary...ive been to loads of doctors..had blood tests done..they all came back clear....doctor said its anxiety and prescribed me prozac...been on prozac for 3 weeks...not working yet....the doctor is reffering me to a neurologist to check me out only downside is i could ve waiting up to two yearssad...the system is so wrong.....i just really scared...i cannit rekax...can anxiety be this bad really??..has anybidy ever had numbness this bad??...and these symptons can they just be there without being anxious??..i really need someone to talk to n give me sone answers...this is torture...xxx

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I take citalopram for anxiety I believe it's better for anxiety than Prozac. Where is the numbness? Can you still feel touching and move properly.
    • Posted

Its in my neck and throat and chestvaround those areas and i feel like it spreads sometimes but i can still move properly and feel the touch
    • Posted

Do you get dizziness ? Or feeling likevyour moving when your not...your lucky you get to c neurologist in june..i will have to wait for a long time
    • Posted

I get dizzy sometimes but I think it's my citalopram mixed with anxiety that do it. Mine is just routine and I'm having to wait just less than 3 months in Yorkshire. I thought they had to see you within 18 weeks. Where do you live?
    • Posted

Im living in ireland...such a messed up system...its a joke
    • Posted

I'm trying not to worry, my doc said it could be MS I was so scared, but now I think it's just anxiety as all my other tests are fine and I have full movement and good reflexes.
    • Posted

Yea 2 years....its a joke...the whole thing is a joke....wel i hope mine is just anxiety too because all my other tests have came back clear and i too have gud reflexs
    • Posted

Sorry I already knew that!! Citalopram is good for anxiety x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.