HELP!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

NEED HELP FIGURING OUT HOW TO LOWER MY EFFEXOR XR WITHOUT SIDE EFFECTS.I THINK I AM IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL.WHATS THE BEST WAY TO TAPPER OFF M EDICATION

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Talk to your doctor. You shouldn't attempt this without medical guidance.
  • Posted

I tapered off over 10 months from 150mg daily.  My doctor helped me through the first part, and then I worked out myself how to take smaller and smaller doses.  I was on the capsules up to 37.5mg, but they go no lower.  Took me 3 months to go from 150mg to 75mg and then another few months to go down to 37.5mg.  Then I asked doctor to prescribe generic as they come in pill form and can be cut.  I bought a pill cutter on line and cut them to 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8th over months.  At the end of the 10 months I was taking crumbs on a finger tip.  I got no withdrawals at all doing it this way.  So REALLY REALLY SLOWLY is the answer to your question. 

See your doctor and tell them you want to withdraw and I hope they are helpful like mine.  don't be persuaded to do it fast because you will get withdrawals.  I have done it cold turkey once before and it is no fun.  You sound as if you are willing to do it slowly.  I was on it for 9 years, and the longer you are on it I think the longer you should take to withdraw.

That is how I personally withdrew, but other people may have done it differently.  It is 20 months since I stopped and I am doing well, and I was on anti depressants for 30 years.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

• Posted

did you also have to count beads.i heard to take 25 out every 8 weeks.is that to fast.how did you do it?i have read so much on this topic.dr. wonts me to go faster than i wont to go.i also have quit cold turkey for nine months.just started them back.i wont off this crap.thanks for your information and congradulations on your withdrawal.
  • Posted

just brak the tablets into 4 pieces and reduce by a quarter each day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.