Help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been dealing anxiety since as long as I can remember. Just recently I have got through Conselling I am using relaxation technics which are working but only when I need to sleep. Not actually stopping me being anxious all the time. Also started to get palpitations even when I'm not feelin anxious also sharp pains. I feel like I've tried everything and nothing is working. Really don't want to try anti depressants is there any other medication that helps anxiety?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ellie, I have anxiety too. I am on antidepressants it helps a bit. I suggest you seek advice from your gp.
    • Posted

Hi, I'm just worried about anti depressants, I want to see if there's any other medication that could help instead of that.

How long have you been on anti depressants? Does it stop the anxiety?

• Posted

Hi, Ellie I have been on them for a while. No, they don't stop anxiety it just controls it.
  • Posted

Hi Ellie, I also have had anxiety for over thirty years and I have found that antidepresents have helped me the most of all the medications Ive tryed.

You can start on a low dose and slowley incress it and at first youll feel a little worse but beleive me after the hump of getting ajusted to them you will feel like a new person. Im on imiprime 175 mill . Just saying they do work for anxiety.

and for the sharp pain your getting heart pain is not sharp its dull . Also palpitations are one of the bigest symptoms of anxiety and they happen more offten in healthy hearts then in deseased hearts. YOu need to not fear them and they will get better. Ive had them for years and Im still here . Dont be afraid to try antidepressant. Hope this helps. Renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.