HELP!!!!!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Chest tightness today I feel anxious every single day ... I hate it ..doctor put me on sertraline 50mg one a day I'm on my 5th day as it helped anyone else??? If so how long did it take to kick in please reply x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I don't do anxiety meds, but this is fairly common. Stay positive and don't let it get to you.
    • Posted

Hi I've tried not to take meds for months but my anxiety was rocketing do you have any tips x
  • Posted

Meds aren't a cure for anxiety remember they are only to take the edge of until the cause of the anxiety is dealt with. Has your doc referred you for any tberap to accompany the meds? If not then I would ask for them to do so
    • Posted

Hi yes I'm currently having weekly session's with my phycologist x
    • Posted

That's good,be sure to bring up all your concerns in therapy,they will help you through it more than the meds will
  • Posted

Hey Catherine!!

1st and foremost, whatever happens, nothing will happen to you. It's ONLY anxiety. Try to just take the Anxiety and know for sure that it's only that nothing more. So it's physically impossible to have something serious.

Consult a psychologist, and they'll put you on the right meds. Don't go to a GP.

I go theough your situation on a daily basis, trust me it's normal. Go to a psychologist and you will feel great after 2-3 weeks with medication!

Let me know if you need help smile!!!

• Posted

Hi thanks for your comment...I see my phycologist every week she's learning me mindfulness that's good but the physical effects of my anxiety scare me I go dizzy blurry vision tense tingley chest pains headache and I think can all this REALLY be just anxiety x
    • Posted

Helloow, Yes yes and yes!! I get dizzy, but whole body starts shivering and tingling, I feel like I have to run and I can't sit down.

Anxiety is explained by having misalignment in our brain's chemistry, nothing more. So tuse the medication, stay on it!

It took me 3 weeks to feel the slightest difference, and it will take me 3 months to have the full effect of the meds.

You will be fine soon, just hang on and trust me when saying it's only ANXIETY, nothing will happen to you. The biggest thing ever is a panic attack.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.