HELP 😢

Posted , 6 users are following.

I really don't know what's wrong with me , I think all my anxiety is coming back I'm so scared I feel as if I'm going to die like I'm so shortness of breath right now last couple days Iv had this headache and all I'm thinking could this be a bleed to the brain or brain tumour how likely is it in a 20year old .. I can't leave my house again without really panicking I still panic when home also like right now I feel like I'm going to stop breathing pain just below left breast I know I'm going to die I really don't want to. Whays scaring me also I can't shake the feeling like I'm not here just in a dream nothing's real off its so scarey no one understands how I feel everyone's just like ur fine I really don't feel fine. I feel like I can't breathe!!!!!! 😢😢😢😢 someone please help

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hey I know how u feel I get all the effects of anxiety and feel like I'm dieing too.. I've had every test possible to rule things out Mri of brain, blood work for everything cat scan, xrays, ultrasounds u name it I did it. The feelings your getting are precise symtoms of anxiety panic attacks.. its very unlikely at 20 years old you have something wrong with ur brain..anxiety creates fear n anxiety creates really scary physicals symtoms like your definitely dieing.. but your not..have u been to the doctors about maybe getting on some medication, or cbt with a therapist, mindfull excerise n coping skill, also guided mediation on YouTube will get u out of your irrational thoughts.. I know what your going thru I've lived it my whole life.. and I'm still learning about it..just keep in mind you can control anxiety by the way you think.. when a thought comes thru your head let it pass you by.. thoughts are not facts remember that.. you are the only one that can let yourself be effected by your thoughts.. n it's very difficult to do I know.. bc the physical symtoms seem so scary.. I'm here always if you need to talk.. I hope this helpped... also if your breathing patterns are off like shortness of breathe u could be giving yourself other symtoms like headaches also stress from worrying about things can give u headaches..
    • Posted

I suffered with anxiety really bad last year it got so much better but now it's ALLL BACK AGAIN!!.. I'm on medcation sertraline have been for a while , I just really think I'm dying I'm so scared 😢 I had my heart test done couple months ago they was fine, I just keep thinking so bad and can't stop. R u ok have u got urs under control? X
    • Posted

I'm working on it.. I was leveled out for years then I decided to get pregnant.. they wanted to switch me to prozac from lexapro.. I had a horrible reaction to the medicine I was hospitalized 2x. They got me off the prozac and put me back on lexapro I've been upping it from 10 mgs to 20 mgs since thanksgiving.. I've been on 20mgs for 4 weeks.. still have panic attacks like severe 2x a week but nothing like it was everyday allday..I have to give the medicine at least another 4 weeks before I change meds again.. supposively the theraputic dose when upped to 20mgs takes 8 weeks to kick in fully.. I have my fingers crossed it will work.. bc I feel like I'm not ready to go thru more side effects on top of the panic..alot of people say sometimes after a while there meds poop out on them.. maybe u need to talk to your doctor about maybe upping your doseage or changing it up.. u are gonna be fine trust me.. I've been thru hell n back n I'm still here.. smile
    • Posted

Zoloft is great for panic disorder I hear great things by the way.. u may just need to increase it alittle
    • Posted

Aww it's horrible ain't it. Hope ur okay.. Always here for a chat if need be! I tried upping my dose from 50mg to 100mg and my anxiety went through the roof!!!
    • Posted

Yeah unfortunately with these meds it gets worse before it gets better.. it takes time everytime u up your dose u deal with the side effects.. which for anxiety it makes it worse before it calms down.. they need to come out with better meds than this. It's so frustrating.. thanks smile
  • Posted

I just copy and paste the reply I gave to another member of this forum- Sorry you are feeling so bad, hope this helps. ;-)

Find a nice relaxing CD avaiilable free on the internet and do these 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise.  Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four. Hold your breath for a count of seven. Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound for a count of 8.  Now, you do all this using your stomach ( not your chest)  You can sit or lay completely back on the floor and put one hand on your stomach to make sure the air is coming and going from the stomach.  Repeat this 4-8 times each time and you can do it twice daily or every 3 hours which ever makes you feel better.

• Posted

Michaela, u have to get some medical help. I know the feeling and my symptoms are worse than yours. I have these spasms and cramping when I'm trying to fall asleep or during sleep. It's every night or when I nap. I'm going to a neurologist and see what they day. It's so hard living this way. I know the feeling.

By the way, I love your name😄

• Posted

It's so horrible ain't it hate feeling like it! So sorry ur going through this, hope u get answeres .. Thanks 😘 X
  • Posted

All you are experiencing is anxiety. Everything shortness of breath pain.All of it.Sounds like health anxiety and your confusing anxiety with something being medically wrong.Very often anxiety can just come out of nowhere with nothing really triggering it.That's what tricks you into thinking I must be ill.Anxiety is horrible but it can't kill you. I no how scared your feeling it's really scary but you will calm down.Try keep busy even if it's the last thing you want todo. Tell yourself I am ok. Distraction helps and as the symtins decrease you will think more rationally and it will decrease more.Try ignore all the scary thoughts. Let them come but say the anxiety is making me irrational so I am not taking notice.I no how scared you are feeling that's what anxiety is fear of uncertainty. What if I die. What if I never feel better. What if I lose my Job. What if I have a break down.It is horrible but the cycle of scary trouts keep it going. You will get there !!
  • Posted

You can breathe, you were able to type this.  Sounds like anxiety.  These are normal symptoms of anxiety.  We hyperventilated  when suffering panic attacks/anxiety.  Take deep breaths.  Find quiet place no distractions, Sit down/or lay down, close your eyesput one hand on your chest the other on your belly.  Take a deep breath in your nose, feel for you hand on belly to rise.  Release air slowly through you lungs. Repeat.  Repeat until you feel more relaxed.  If you out and about and feel your short of breath find a place to do the same.  It works trust me.
    • Posted

It's not that simple? Really, I have suffered with GAD, PTSD, depression for over 16 years?  I learn to manage my anxiety to minimize it?  Think of anxiety as a form of insanity.  I am not trying to play on works, though insanity is not a good choice of words.  But have you ever heard of the definition of insanity?  It is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.  If we are not in the process of dealing and managing our mental health, we are in the problem and not in the solution of helping ourselves to manage and cope!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.