help!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

been a while since i've posted in here, in need of some adivce, i've been on paroxetine for almost a year and i cant say enough about it, its helped me so well, but recenty depression and sleeping have become more the problem sp my doctor has chnaged my meds to mirtazapine 15 mg, and it seems the doctors i have spoke to know nothing about these two, does anyone know if these two can be taken together since i've came off the paroxtine, i feel my axneity has got really bad again, two different doctor have told me they arent sure if can take these two together, thanks for any help!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Red Flag, Major Interaction; ;-(  I did an interaction check on both of them and this is what I got-

Using PARoxetine together with mirtazapine can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

• Posted

yeah thanks, i have spoken with a doctor got to put my dose up of these and try them for alittle while longer as they arent keen on me using them both together, going to give myself time and if i dont feel any better change back 

• Posted

Can I just ask how long paroxetine took to work for you. I've been on it for 2 months now on 30mg and feel worse than ever!! Please give me hope!!!!
    • Posted

hello, i must have been on paroxtine about a mothn before i notcited any chnages, i did feel worse before i got better, maybe its worth giving something else a try if you feel you arent getting any better after two months 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.