Help!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today I have gone from 75mg down to 37.5mg venlafaxine and I have felt so bad words cannot describe it. I have been tapering off from 150mg over two weeks so now I have a week to go. I have been taking Prozac as I had some spare and another doctor said it was to help with the withdrawels so I did. At lunch time today I tried to eat and my hands wouldn't connect with my brain so i cried and even crying felt strange. My partner saw this and rang the physiatrist and he said not to ever mix Prozac as it can have a bad effect. Also he wants me to not take any venlafaxine now at all. I am so SUPER worried that I will feel even worse withdrawels than I already do by completely stopping it. To cope aswell I have been sleeping day and night with seroquel as its been that bad. Any advise would be greatly appreciated because I believe stopping could be a bad decision. Thanks , Jo

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was on effexor and serequel, I went off serequel first, nasty. Effexor I was on for 5 years for multiple suicide attempts. I take ginger gravol to help withdrawls and St.Johns Wart, the brain zaps have stopped. It takes time, and lowering doses, me I did cold turkey, I am glad I did. The withdrawls do go away, I can assure you. Serequel is downright nasty, try melatonin it helps :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.