HELP!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. Stupid decision but i had one glass of wine about an hour ago and went into a full blown panic attack!!! I started on meds five nights ago. Was it too soon to have a glass of wine? Freaking out!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

For some reason even before I started the meds drinking made me anxious and panicky and the hangovers were worse as the depersonalisation seemed to kick in more , not tried it with meds yet but I'm guessing it could have played a part

• Posted

Definetly they know best but I know mine told me to stay off it which I have been, I'm always on these days and I seem to have fairly similar symptoms to yourself, feel free to drop me a message if you ever need people on here to speak to, Take Care

• Posted

Hi, to all. I have been so busy latly and haven't be checking this thread.  AnxietyGirl123, I am not sure about that wine, however I have notice if I am thinking too hard about my panic attacks I will have one sure as hell.  So I try to keep my mind off of it.  My Dr. gave me Zoloft for my attacks and I was not sure about it, but I have been on 1.5 months and I haven't had one attack.  I am not sure it it is the Zoloft or the fact I am trying so very hard not to think about it.

• Posted

Hi, i also get very panicky following a night of drinking, i think it off sets the meds slightly, but i have not had an attack while drinking but have had many the following day if i overdue it, actually contemplating taking step to quit drinking because it goes hand and hand with anxiety....hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.