Help!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Going on 5yrs ago I dislocated my left ankle. Breaking both tibia and fibula. The doctor put 6 screws and a plate in to hold the fibula together. Since then I have nearly 0 ROM and shearing pain especially if I'm on my feet for a while. Like going for a walk, work and cutting grass. The pain is to the point that hours later I can't walk at all and if I do I cannot put pressure down on my ankle and have to have it turned outward. Which causes my knee to hurt. Any help on what I can do or if something was done wrong wouldn't greatly be appreciated. Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Go to get a new MRI and a second opinion. It sounds like something is still wrong!

You should not have to live with that kind of pain, how could you work? That does not sound at all normal, look up a top orthopaedic surgeon in your area and get reassessed!

• Posted

My son had tib/ fin and spiral fracture with a rod down his leg and plates and screws and he is fine now. One year after surgery he was completely healed and went back to his construction job.
    • Posted

Hey Magie, i was just wondering if it took him actually took him a year to recover? im 6 months post-fracture now and i'm stil not 100% although vastly better. I'm aiming to skip, i can jog, walk forever, even hop (bunny hop!) but i cannot skip at all!

• Posted

I would say 8 months he was doing all his normal activities with no issues. He had no pain anymore. You sound like you are doing great!
  • Posted

You have waited 5 years to ask this?! I would definately push for a review. You should have some range of movement and no pain. Or is this a recent occurance? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.