HELP!!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Does anyone know how I can stop this anxiety ? This constant nervousness and tremors...my stomach is naseau , it's hard to eat. I'm constantly losing weight. My ears feel like they are clogged, my legs are constantly tingling. I try not to take the anxiety med but it is the only thing seem to calm everything. My GI dr said it is also coming from the gastritis stomach, but the med helps but cause an effect the next day. It pulls more energy and nutrients out of me. I can't take this no more!!

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mary, you just described what I'm going through. All these symptoms are actually driving me crazy and my day to day life quality is completely ruined. I have been to my gynaecologist and internist and all are saying that  all is ok despite me feeling sickling. I hate this  nervousness,tremors, fatigue state seems to leaving me so depressed.  Thanks for sharing your ordeal, it has actually given me hope for I now know that I'm not the only one  going through this hell. Hugs.....hoping for a better tomorrow .

• Posted

Hi Mary, it's something I have rarely felt. When I do feel that anxiety it makes me cough and I tell myself?to stop, you're not doing this to me. With this said, the only thing I noticed that gets rid of it is exercise. I notice that if I don't exercise for more than 2-3 weeks I get a hint of the anxiety which in turn makes me cough. I was reading a medical article yesterday talking about anxiety and it states that a study of some 5,000 people with anxiety were taken to walk or exercise, both groups benefitted but that the exercise group had better results especially after some sort of cardio. They experienced no anxiety after doing the exercises, and their bodies were much calmer. The anxiety comes from your body's reaction to the change in estrogen, causing it a bit of excitement, which causes anxiousness?. Maybe consider a little exercise to control this awful excited beast that disrupts our lives if we let it.

• Posted

Exercise is what I was doing before, but now it aggravates my gastritis and makes me so dizzy and weak. The dr. Said I did have some vertigo going on. I will just start off by walking again despite the weakness. I'll take it slow.

• Posted

If you have vertigo, you need to cure it first before attempting to do any exercises?. I did some bpv exercises I found on yt. I suggest you do the same if you still have vertigo. As for gastritis, cabbage juice will heal it, and you will never have to take PPI's for it again. You can also eat it or juice it. Juicing works faster but eating cures just as well, just takes a little longer. Hope this helps.

• Posted

My menopause journey started 5 years ago mostly with horrible anxiety. I was oestrogen dominant, went on biodentical progersterone and things calmed down. 5 years on and I'm back to this nightmare. Been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid, have low adrenals plus my hormones need adjustment to add oestrogen. Have received my new dosage which the dr has just adjusted this week because I was still feeling anxious so I'm praying that it's all going to kick in soon. Been off work for 6 weeks now feeling depressed anxious and trembly. No matter how I try and rationalise with myself that this should all be sorted out soon most times it doesn't work.....just so all consuming and exhausting. Trying so hard, don't want to resort to antidepressants when I'm 90% sure this is hormone related but just wish I can get some relief soon. 

Feel for all you ladies, this hormone imbalance sure does stuff up your state of mind and so difficult to explain to anyone unless they've been through it. 

• Posted

Hi mary, I completely understand how you are feeling. I have been suffering with severe generalised anxiety/health anxiety for years but with menopause it has got so bad that sometimes I feel on the verge of a break down. Just yesterday I had one of my good days and I was so happy about it, I went out smiling to people, doing my errants, happily cueing up at the bank. I was lighthearted and carefree. Then, in the evening after I had dinner and was relaxing with my book, still feeling like a million dollars, I started having palpitations. I thought "please, no, let me have a peaceful 24 hours, please", however it didn t happen. My heart started pounding as if it wanted to break free from my chest, I started having internal tremors, cold flashes, nausea,dizziness and an anxiety so intense I thought I was not gonna make it. I even unlocked my door so it would be easier to find me (dead). it didn' t last long but it felt like an eternity. I sat cross legged and started doing alternate nostril breathing, which I find extremely healing. It was hard in the beginning but eventually I calmed down. The whole experience left me exshausted. Today I woke up lightheaded, teary and scared, oh so scared. I was preparing psychologically for an hour to go downstairs to the shop and buy almonds, just to put something in my stomach as the thought of leaving the house, meeting people in the lift and on the street just filled me with dread. I' ve had tests in the recent past, no physical issues. I will go check my heart again in a month or so but deep inside I know that it is  just hormones and intense menopause symptoms.

What I find very helpful is just surrendering to this feeling and just thinking "what will be will be". I know it s easier said than done but the more I resist it the worse i feel.  Ialso take vitamin B complex, coq10, L theanine for anxiety and rhodiola for depression. I ve reduced caffeine. I love coffee and I drink decaf just for the placebo. I am struggling with sugar which I LOVE but I am in the proccess of cutting down (maybe the most difficult thing I had to stop), but when I have my sugar cravings I eat a couple of spoonfuls of tahini and honey. It works for the cravings and it doesn't upset my stomach. I know it is horrible feeling this way. Cherish the good days and try not to take the bad days too seriously. I know it s easier said than done but lets try not to wish, waste our lives away. I am so glad that I found this forum. At least we can get together, share experiences, rant, vent and get some emotional support as people around us may be dissmissive, or not take us seriously enough. Sometimes it s good just to get it off our chests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.