Help :-(

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been near enough fine for the last 2 months afrer having severe anxiety about my heart, it randomly started in January when I had my first full blown panic attack, after numerous visits to my gp and a&e they put it down to anxiety, then about a month ago I was told I could also have fibromyalgia because of the random pains I kept getting... I started to learn how to deal with it and my anxiety kept itself away and generally started worrying less and less. Everything in life is going really well at the moment, have a lovely husband and son, an amazing new home an life is so good other than my out of control health anxiety that has returned and I just cannot shift it! It's taking over, I'm even scared of going to bed at night because I'll notice my fast heart rate and fear I won't wake up, having that horrible sensation of being "shocked" awake when I'm drifting off. I feel so down I just want to be happy but feel like my brain is bullying me to worry. My symptoms are fast and noticeable heartbeat, most of the day, occasionally feeling dizzy, chest pains that come and go, neck and shoulder pains on and off, feeling as though I'm not all there, nausea, headaches, literally every anxiety symptom I'm experiencing it but the worst one is constantly thinking I'm going to die any minute!! What is wrong with me? How am I going to overcome this... I'm on amitryptiline to help me sleep but it's not really helping anymore, I tried CBT which helped a bit but the type of anxiety I'm having I don't think that will help me. At my wits end feel like I've dropped right back to square one 💔

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking anything for the anxiety specifically??? I was on  Amitriptyline at night for anxiety and fibro, it is used to help with nerve pain, as well as for depression and difficulty sleeping.  I was also on escitalopram and at the Clonazepam same time.  That combination of medications along with therapy was the best I've ever felt, of course everyone is different and all meds affect people differently.  I would ask my doctor about something else since the amitiptyline alone isn't cutting it.  Best of luck!!!

• Posted

hello chelsey ,

Sorry to hear about you symtoms and you ae suffering from lot of worries and stress i am in the same boat like you but my symptoms is little bit different from you i have severe gas and gerd problem which cause heaviness in my chest and i burp alot------any ways what kind of tests you have done till now may i know-----on what basis your doctor tell u that you are suffering from Fibromyalgia((((((((((((you also experiance pain in shoulder and neck and also some time you feel dizzy----------------after suffering it from almost 5 years and after fighting with alot of doctors for more tests finally i got a nice cardiologist which really help me and monitor my heart for 24 hours with holter ecg and echo after doing all of these tests i request for Ct scan of heart----he reffer me to a big hospital and on 23 i have a Ct scan angiography------it will show the valves of my heart very well----------i am suffering from anxiety since from when they tell me that i have Ct scan my heart beats rapidly and yesterday night i am breathe less bcoz of the fear what if the ct is not normal and my anxiety cause lot of problem for me now-------but i need to manage it and finally i will come to know what is the real problem is it just anxiety or i have heart problem----------there is only one way that you can defeat your anxiety that is the clarifaction by doing tests---------------i must say that request your doctor for Ct scan with contrast it will clear every thing if the result is normal i think this is the only way you can defeat your anxiety----with out tests you will waste your golden years in thinking----------i want that you can enjoy life and i must say do cadiac Ct scan with contrast or an Mri of your heart--------hope you will be fine soon 

• Posted

I have health anxiety as well, it's really tough to over come. Same as you just when a thought a was getting better another symptom pops up,I also think a have fibromyalgia as a get burning pain that they can't find the cause of for couple years now. Had all tests and MRI but came back clear. My newest symptom was hearing my heart and really is horrible as my brain just focuses constantly on it probably making it worse. I ended up going to doctor as a didn't wanna worry about it and make my anxiety worse. A have take each day as it comes now. I have peace of mind tho by going to the doctors as she said everything sounds fine and my blood pressure which a was worrying about was fine. So now when I hear it I just think nothing wrong do a don't focus on it. It's really hard so don't beat yourself up! I also get cbt and so far don't know if it's helping ,but suppose just got to give it more time. Just know your not Alone, it can get better just got to find what works for you. They put me on sertraline at my worst and it made everything worse so came off it and just use herbal remedies now. Along with meditation. Hope you feel better soon. I know how debilitating this illness is and how everyday we just want to be normal again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.