HELP

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hiya Dr Spock I'm in need of some advice...... Been back to the nurse today to have dressings taken off and the big cut in my belly button is open again!! She put some sterile strips on it AGAIN and covered it over and i have to go back on Tuesday to make sure that it's not infected. But today I have been having some stabbing like pain around that area and every time I get up and move around I go all clammy and light headed like i'm gonna pass out!! I thought I was seriously on the mend. Don't get me wrong - I don't do nothing in the house as I have a butler and a maid in the form of my husband who has been fantastic so why all of a sudden???

I know that keyhole is still major surgery but Wednesday and Thursday I felt fantastic and even thought I might cut down on the Tramadol.... but today I really needed it - HELP......... :cry:

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear, well it shouldnt be open at all,, was you tested for MRSA before your op? smile
  • Posted

Are you trying to scare the life out of me Dr Spock???? No i wasn't tested for MRSA and I'm somewhat paranoid about that!!! The Nurse was rather annoyed yesterday that they didn't stitch it.............

Anyways - I don't feel like that today so maybe it was just a one-off - but I've been asking the Nurse questions who then goes and asks the Doctor but it's like getting blood out of stone all they say is you have to ask your consultant!!!!!! Honestly - all I want to know is when can I start to eat yummy food????? I'm fed up with bland food and I want to go out I mean a girl has to shop!!!! What's the recommended time to start driving........... Ahhhhhh

• Posted

Oh Im sorry I didnt mean to scare you, I thought it was turning into a mess, I didnt realise you had no stitches in there at all :shock: The nurse is right to wonder where the stitches are :?
  • Posted

Hmm I thought everyone was tested for MRSA before their ops smile
  • Posted

Nope defiantely no stiches - they may have glued it but seeing as that I haven't seen my belly button for years and thats where the cut is I couldn't say and like I said getting any info out of the Doctors is like getting blood out of a stone.

If they tested me for MRSA they certainly didn't tell me. I was poked and prodded, had countelss needles, had drips and needles in me bum, was woken up for blood preassure and temp and more needles maybe amongst all of that they tested me but who knows!!! It seems that my consultant - Mr Kerwaga - would be the only person in the medical profession that knows any answers....... ha ha

• Posted

The test for MRSA involves having damp cotton buds lightly rubbed around your nostrils. Anyway, your tummy isnt hurting now so youve got nothing to worry about, just keep a eye on it (with a mirror if need be) smile
  • Posted

my wound site opened up after surgery. everytime i thought it was healing it would break down . do insist the look for signs of infection it took me 4 weeks to get the dr to prescribe antibiotics. i had a 7 inch incision and it was not stitched only steri striped (7 for the whole wound) the nurse at the surgery was unhappy about re steri striping the wound as there if there was infection they wanted it to drain .. but waited 5 weeks before giving me antibiotics. they said it was fluid 'collections' around the wound site.

unfortunatly its just one of those things that happpens. i steri stripped it myself and it healed really quickly after that. i hope this is resolved for you soon.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up