Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 57 years old. Had vertigo attacks in June. After that have been having panic attacks. GP prescribed AD but had to stop due to bad reaction. I have been off work for nearly 6 weeks. Feel extremely low. All negative thoughts.

No appetite. Have lost nearly 5-6 kilos in the last few weeks. Extremely week after taking the AD for only 10 days, I have booked sessions for CBT. I just do not know what to do. I have never felt like this before. I am getting more and more worried as each days goes by. Sitting at the computer and expressing my feelings is an ordeal. I do not feel like doing anything. I have been smoking ( tobacco ) from the time I wake up to the time I get to bed. Please advise.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello Kleto,

Do you have any idea what set off the Vertigo attacks? What AD's did your GP prescribe you because some of them can give you Vertigo... Have you told anybody close to you?

Zoe x

• Posted

Thanks for replying Zoe. I was on Prozac for just 10 days. I gave it a try. Had such bad side effects right from day one but I thought I would give it a chance. 10 days of hell. Had all the side effects. Palpitations, Sweating. Diarrhoea. Yawning to name a few. On the 9th day noticed a rash all over my body. Rushed to A&E and was advised to stop.

• Posted

Have been told that I suffered the Vertigo attacks due to an inner ear disorder. Have an appointment to see a consultant and do some tests only on 01/09/2014. The Panic attacks followed the vertigo attacks. Have not had any vertigo attack lately but then I hardly go out. Have not been to work for the last +6 weeks.
  • Posted

Have been told that I suffered the Vertigo attacks due to an inner ear disorder. Have an appointment to see a consultant and do some tests only on 01/09/2014. The Panic attacks followed the vertigo attacks. Have not had any vertigo attack lately but then I hardly go out. Have not been to work for the last +6 weeks.

• Posted

Blimey! You really did have a bad reaction to Prozac!

Hopefully, the fact that you ended up in A&E will be on your medical notes and your Dr will be able to read them. Have you booked in to see your Dr again to discuss the side-effects you got and to maybe prescribe something else? Maybe even some councilling too?

• Posted

Counselling starts next week. As I have lost a lot of weight I also have to get an endoscopy done . I am getting more and more worried. Everything seems to be piling up.
  • Posted

That's brilliant your getting the coucilling help! The inner ear sounds like very likely as to why you got the Vertigo - that's very common (although not very nice to have!)

It's amazing how much weight you lose when you are down or depressed... An endoscopy should get the right answers for you.

I'm glad everyone in your "medical family" are doing all they can!

Zoe x

• Posted

Thanks Zoe... will keep posting and updating. Hope someone here in the same boat as me gives me some advice as how to cope. I am lost not going to work and worried what may happen. Do not have much of a social life and this is what I am missing. Do not have close friends that I can confide in...... cant wait to get better with help from everyone. You have a lovely day.

• Posted

I lost my job due to this... So, I  know exactly how you feel! I only started treating it recently.... My Dr. has been great and I'm on an AD called Mirtzapine (sp?) which appears to be helping (sleeping as well!) My friends have families of their own and although they know I'm depressed i don't like to hassle them with my worries.... I'm sure you understand! This is where my social life has taken a tumble as I get panic attacks going anywhere on my own and my friend's are all tied up in their own lives right now... It is a  hard road but, one we will get through!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.