help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone been on flu for 4 weeks 20mg now four weeks later on 40mg still feel like I did before just want to get better be my old self again 

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I found It took about 5 weeks on 40mg before I felt improvement I'm now into 6 weeks & I feel 70% now but if you look at all the posts on this forum it seems to be an average of 8 weeks before you turn the corner properly
    • Posted

I hope so I just don't want to anything all I want is to sleep all the time 

• Posted

I think the tiredness is the last thing to go. What time do you take your tablets?
  • Posted

It took me til 6-8wks to feel physically better longer for black mood to lift, worth giving it more time x im now feeling great.

Vix

• Posted

ok will do no understands when I say don't want to do anything I haven't been to my sons flat for weeks 
    • Posted

My friends kept saying come out for drink n boogie that'll cheer you up.

No clue :-)

• Posted

bonjour Michelle, it's early days yet bonny lass @ 4 weeks, it will be a gradual thing over the next 4 weeks that will slowly but surely embrace you in its magic, then you will look back and wonder what all the fuss was about! Patience my dear, patience. you are getting there...... smile
  • Posted

Hi I am oming to the end of week 8 (20mg). I do feel the fllu has worked on some level but I fear not enough sad this week feeling really flat again amd.veey meh. I tried to make.an appointment to.see.Dr and the next available is 19 March?? Very unhelpful receptionist as I need to see herr for my monthly check in and my tabs run out this Sat. We alao need to discuss doae increase but cant even get a daily allocated appt as these are gone as soon as fone lines open in the space of 3 mins.....its like a lottery what should I do I thougjt 7 days was enough time to book to see her....This really doesnt help sad
    • Posted

Tell them you tabs are going to run out you can't just stop taking them they may put it up to 40 
    • Posted

Do they ask you what appointment is for? Ususlly fit you in for depression related apt. Or call in n put written request in for repeat pending your next apt, they wont let you go without.
    • Posted

Hi sorry so many typo mistakes in that post didn't have my glasses on!

I have told them what app is for the girl is young and doesn't say anything when I ask her for a suggestion, Dr won't put on a repeat until end of 3 mnth.

Very frustrating and really unhelpful. I am going to go at 8am this morning and hope I can get an appointment before the phones start ringing. I feel the dose needs to be upped but don't want to wait another 2-3 weeks to discuss this with Dr, very frustrating and not helping my condition sad

• Posted

I went to Drs @ 7.45am!

Got an appointment to see my Dr @ 9am this morning.( Strange system but at least I got to see her)

She has upped dose to 30mg as I was reluctant to go to 40mg for fear of side effects. She also doubled my Zopiclone to 7.5.

Like so many of us sleep is a problem while on these and as I already had problems sleeping Dr gave me tablets. I don't take them every night and not even at bedtime as I go off well its the waking early, so I will take them when I wake early am (3.30 latest) then sleep till 6.45 and get children up and ready.

I do worry what will happen when I have to stop but hope by then I will be able to sleep better anyway.

Almost waiting for side effects of flu now as took 40mg today (will alternate between 20 & 40)

Feel a bit apprehensive but really want to feel how I did before this and currently Im just feeling "ok"

• Posted

Firstly well done for getting anywhere for 745am! When I was at my worst I struggled to get my daughter to school for 850 n then often went with nightie still on under clothes n went straight back to bed (super slob or what? Haha).

Im glad you beat the system, good luck with new dose. I upped to 30 about six weeks ago and have been fine in fact great so you may get no adverse affects. Sleep pattern is still pants but I dont feel to tired in the day most days except the 4am days but usually dont struggle til late evening.

Hope all goes well for you. Look up 4-7-8 breathing on web, might help you get back to sleep when you wake

Vix

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.