Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ive been down for past few years sick of just struggling on my own with kids and feeling no one cares about me. I feel failure to everyone especially my kids as they,ve not had the life i wanted them to life is so unfair.

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello, Can i ask why you think your a failure?  If you were a failure then you would not have your kids with you, we can only do our best with what we have got. Your childrens happiness is not measured by material things, If we have love and a roof over our heads, food in our belly and clothes on our backs then anything else is a bonus. It is love that you give to your children that matters and i am sure they love you to. I know it's not the same as adult love and relationships but that will come when you are in a good place, you may need to work on your confidence and self esteem first. Can you elaborate more about why you think you have failed? 

Elizabeth.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi dont mean to moan but just split with the kids dad many years ago and he never helps with them i work fulltime so find it hard to do things with them. i work fulltime to provide a home am constantly tired on my days off and just cant be bothered anymore. I feel constantly guilty and compare myself to others which makes me more of a failure. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You sound exhausted and no wonder you have a struggle on your hands. Well done that you are providing your kids with a home and working full time too. Don't put yourself down give yourself some credit. Have you any family or friends that can maybe help a bit with the kids. How many and what ages are they, i only ask because young children are happy with a walk to the local park or the library. no need to spend alot of money. I know iit's not the same but i take my grandkids to the park and library and they love it. I know there is housework to do but try and set a little time to spend with them. Even a few hours to watch a DVD with some treats would make them happy. I am sorry if i am not much help. Do not compare yourself to other people, do your best and that will be good enough.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi. I know exactly what you mean. Its so hard to be not well and be a single parent. Are you on any medication? I started citalopram 2 weeks ago after suffering for so long on my own so im hoping they help. X
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello lillykatie

You are in a difficult place at the moment, but take heart, please.  Very briefly, I was a single parent for eight years, bringing up four children.  I lost every comfort I had had during the marriage, but somehow things worked out.  Today, my eldest son celebrates his 53rd Birthday.  My children are exceptional (in my eyes, anyway)...and through a second marriage I gained a new family (not children, I hasten to add).  I am 75, nearly 76, have travelled the world, love fashion, make up and the good things life has to offer.  I could go on, but these are just a few words of encouragement.  You have to go on for the sake of your children.  They eventually grow up, and you will have more time to yourself, whether you meet a new partner.....or whatever the future holds.  Please do not give up.  Good Luck.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up