Help

Posted , 1 user is following.

Last year I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression, the person I was with at the time would compare me to his ex and when we went on a break I saw he was chatting to her on social media.

Anyho we broke up, I met up with him to explain what had happened depression and anxiety wise. From then on I didn't see much social media contact with him and his ex

Sometimes he would comment a repost things I had post on social media. Fine. But I decided to delete him off my Facebook because I couldn't forget the nasty things he had said.

That happened about a month ago and I was starting to focus on myself

He then contacted ME with some stupid picture I replied and hours later I thought ok I will ask how he was.

Conversation continued over about a week. Fine we planned to meet up. Then all of a sudden a bunch of pictures of his ex turn up on social media of them going out. And I thought the exact person you spent comparing to me you going to post.

I'm

Not by him but I'm hurt how once again my self esteem has been knocked. Does he really think I'm that pathetic I need to almost get a hint on social media that he's not interested anymore, why did he even bother contacting me? Are they just making fun of me? I just want answers

Please no replies on your better off etc I know that I'm just confused and back to feeling like utter rubbish

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Do not let anyones opinions or lifestyles define you. This is about you and what you feel you derserve on a deeper level. You are not pathetic the heart thinks so very different the The brain. It is easy to become torn. Doubt its a competition to him btw. First love is potently strong and ties into so many levels and aspects of a persons life that it can be a huge challenge to let that person go. Usually eventually they do, so dont allow it to effect your self esteem he is going through a hard time in his own heart and brain. But again this is your life and this needs to be about you and what you want and what you need. Dont beat yourself up so much. Time will tell and show you what is best for you. 
    • Posted

I wish I could feel sorry for him but I don't, first love yes hard but it's another thing when you bring someone into it and then verbally compare them
  • Posted

He is still stuck. Hes trapped in his first live and maybe he doesnt want to be but he really is. So if you are so torn and feel in love with him you need to understand he is in love with the other person and maybe she doesnt want him so its creating such a emotional mess for everyone involved. Its so unfair for the rebound person its not right but its how it works. So be sure you really can handle all this and the confusion as you choose what you want. My theory persinally is if anyone ever said they were in love, or that was their first love i dont want to be second and i know the rebounder usually almost always loses because that person isnt ready yet to let go. Its hard on the heart to deal with such an emotional mess isnt it?
    • Posted

He said to my face he wanted me to change my hair...it seems to me he's laughing at me...he had the cheek to say to my face that "he felt a connection to me" so he's a liar
  • Posted

He wants what he wants. it is your choice here on what you want too you know. You noted you are torn so he must have given you enough live for you to be so torn. He sounds like a selfish person from the little you wrote. Have you expressed your thoughts to him? Does he even care abiut you as an individual or only in context to his wants and needs. These are important things for you to consider as you go through your own battle of anxiety and depression. He is not your soul mate that is clear here. Whatever you are benifiting from your interaction with him must be needed and wanted to remain in a relationshio with someone with such a poor attitude and emotionally trapped in his own past.
    • Posted

I just feel he is not even sorry about it and if I was to leave for good he and his ex would just laugh about it
  • Posted

On a positive note that mere fact you out this information out there shows you are starting to recover. I know you feel like rubbish and its all confusing because emotions do not coinside with rationale or reality a lot of the time but you should be proud of yourself. Your confusion here is your gut feeling that that relationship had flaws and you inside realize you were treated a bit off. Understand he has issues he is dealing with and no need for pity. But maybe accept him as he is and forgive him for he is in his own battles too and no you were not oied too per say he was trying to mive forward in his own broken way. But for you forgive yourself as well we all want and need live and when we are all anxious or depressed or both we become very vulnerable, so forgive yourself first and foremost. If you look at all this from a different perspective it is a great lesson and you seem to be learning it without realizing it but you do love yourself and you have absolutely realised you want to be lived and cared for properly, sincerly and genuinely. So be proud of yourself for that. God bless you got this!
  • Posted

No one would ever find how you have been treated funny btw, it is the opposite of funny. Just wanted to put that out there. Your soul mate is out there and you will find him one day when the time is right. You are recivering and healing right now and thats a good thing for it will attract better and more sincere people into your life in time. 
    • Posted

Thanks ...just confused as to why he bothered texting me that's what got to me the most
  • Posted

He just doung what ever he wants maybe, not really thinking much about the reasons himself. You do what in your own best interest. You ubderstand that..?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.