help

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello. i suffer from anxiety, i am not on any pills as my doctor said it is not necessary. my problem is : i have headaches sometimes, not all the time, head pressure also from time to time and eye pain. i feel like my eyes are tired and it also hurts when i move them. besides , i have tingles in arms and feet and the feeling like im floating around. its not dizziness i just feel like im floating, lightheaded if you want. i worry about it all the time it makes me freak out. ive also had blood tests, it came all normal except for calcium which is a bit low, i also went to the ophthalmologist and changed my glasses. i am just freaking out sometimes i know i am fine and sometimes i freak out and this i have the worst disease . is this normal ?

0 likes, 17 replies

Report / Delete

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes with health anxiety this is very common! I'm the same, I've been suffering for a year with it and in that time I've had so many diffe rent symptoms, eye pressure, weird vision, headaches head pressure had mri was normal. Then I started with chest pains palpitations xray, ecg and echo normal, now I'm having chest tightness and breathlessness.

It is hard to accept it is anxiety as the symptoms are very real. I'm having cbt at the moment and working through a health anxiety work back. Can u ask your GP to refer you for cbt?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Its cognitive behavioural therapy, it is about changing the way you think about things and rationalizing them.

I also tend to get ny symptoms when I'm not feeling anxious I'll chest ne sitting down at home at they'll start and they can last all day so not your typical anxiety attack that you read about (though i have had panic attacks too) but a constant stream of physical symptoms.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yes indeed it also happens when i dont feel anxious and then i google it and get anxious again. i just need this reassurance everyday so i google my symptoms but when i first googled it showed brain tumor and i got so scared 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yeah it's normal to be afraid. Don't worry about it though, as anxiety / stress can make you dizzy. If your healthy then you'll find as soon as you start relaxing you'll start to feel better
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

i also get one of these symptoms even when i don't feel anxious. as soon as i feel something i immediately become anxious and think of it in the most obsessive way ever and it get worse
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Long term anxiety sits in your body for ages. just cause you're not consciously thinking about being anxious doesn't mean your body isn't tense or anxious. If you have aches and pains in your head neck shoulders that's tension. It's bought on my anxiety and anxiety is made worse by by the tension. I know it's easier said than done, but just try to relax smile
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Get off medical websites get yourself some green tea get a hot water bottle or run yourself a hot bath and listen to some nice music. Stop surrounding yourself with negative thoughts. Be happy again and relax. smile
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

These feelings r completely normal with anxiety,I have been having anxiety for four and half years & I gotta say,it sux!!I am on med.though and it does help!!! I used to get the headaches,pressure,especially on the eyes & my doctor told me that they were tension headaches from the anxiety,mine used to go down to my neck and shoulders too.I've had several tests done too and all were normal,but me having anxiety I still think sumthing is wrong with me,im always messaging my doctor to be reassured!!that's how anxiety makes u feel,I know down deep inside I'm fine,but my mind makes me think otherwise!!if ur is getting bad u may want to get put on sumthing to help u out or talk to ur doctor about it more!!good luck!!!#ANXIETYSUXXXXXX!!!!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yes it does suck, thank you for the reply. i also get some pain in neck when im too tense and even when i sit in a weird position. do u have tingles in ur arms and feet too ?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Your brain can't tell he difference between a threat or a thought; if you were in a car crash your body would prepare fills your body with cortisol your muscles tense up to prepare for action. It does the same stuff when you're thinking about bad stuff. Tense muscles in your neck and head will make you feel dizzy. So relax them. Relax your whole body. You'll feel better for it. smile the whole situation is exacerbated by your bad thoughts. So stop winding yourself up with horror stories and symptoms and you'll feel so much better.

FYI. If you typed dizziness into WEBMD there's literally HUNDREDS of reasons it could be, the most common? Anxiety or stress. If you've been tested. Then it's safe to safe you're okay and it's just anxiety biggrin let us know how you get on, good luck.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes I've had tingles in my feet and fingers....to the point where my hands were numb,I didn't know what was going on,I was so scared!!!!the doctors said it was the anxiety,breathing too hard,putting more oxygen in ur body than u need will do that to u!!!!
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up