help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok after being on 22.5mg for 3 months and not coping with the awful dizzy feeling all day and stomach problems I went down to 15mg a week past Sunday but I have noticed a huge drop in my mood back to feeling very depressed. Is this because I went down a dose or is it pooping out on me. I had been doing very well apart from side effects it was helping depression. Is it just my body adjusting to the lower dose. I don't want to go messing around anymore with this drug. Please help I dont want to be back to square one again. I have doctors on friday

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Kelly,

Firstly you should be proud of your self for comming this far it is not an easy dession to come off any drug,unfortunatly withdrawal can effect people in many ways and your poopping is just your bodys ways of getting this drug out of your system, the withdrawal effects should ease soon and be brave you know that you can do this.

I was on this drug for 6 years and  the withrawal was hard but i knew that my life would be better if i kicked this drug and that is what i thought about durring the withdrawal side effects because i was on it for along time it took me 3 months to be commplety off of it but it was so worth it

and if your feel that you still need the help off an antidepresant there are plenty to choose from you just need to find the right one that works for you that dont have the nasy side sffects

good luck

• Posted

Thanks miranda. I was wondering about trying Bach remedies my mum used to swear by them would they be ok to take while on this drug?
    • Posted

Hello Kelly,

I belive  that these natural remedies will help you and the best part is you wont get any nasty side effects with these and i used them myself and i found them very helpful,

be strong you can do this 

all the best

miranda

• Posted

Hi Kelly

Sorry to read of yor suffering.  I think as you have had symptoms of depression so quickly, a week or so, after dropping a dose, that it is sure to be the lower dose ~ as you have done a large taper from 22.5 to 15 mg 33% ... you wil feel this as a withdrawal symptom.  Mirt' is particularly nasty with tapering and should really be tapered by 10% every 2 weeks or so - see the link for an informed choice, and yes, even tho you were only on Mirt for 3 months.  Its highly likely that your doctor will say to come off within a few weeks, but just be weary, the wd can be pretty acute if rushed.

Also, most people are advised to stay on an AD for at least 6 months to a year as coming off them too soon can bring back the symptoms.  So maybe mention this to your doc Friday?  Although of course I do understand your need to come off it.

I don't think Mirt' would "poop out" so soon, I've been on it a year (tapering off now) ~ I've have read of  many people who have said it poops out after several years, but none of a few months.  

For advice on tapering Mirtazapine slowly at the recommended rate of no more than 10% every 3 or 4 weeks, please see the following which is within this forum,

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/depression-resources-298570

and then click on the link "REDUCING AD'S USING 10% WITHDRAWAL METHOD".

I hope you get on ok with your doc and wish you well smile  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.