Help

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can i drink alcholl while taking this meds?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi everyone is different, iv been on cit for 3 month now and do drink on weekends and I'm fine just don't drink to much x
  • Posted

In moderation. Will make u tire quicker tho but Ok with few pints.
  • Posted

Yes in moderation I've been on CIT for 6months and have had a couple cocktails here and there. You will know when it's to much lol enjoy but be careful.

• Posted

Hello Edgar,  You may not like the answer, but the answer really is no.  Reason being is that alcohol is a depressant, and the meds are working to ease or stop depression and anxiety.  So all the alcohol is doing is really causing a conflict in your body, making the meds pretty much useless, undoing what it is trying to fix.  (BTW same goes for recreational drugs)

What others have said after drinking, is they go into a really bad episode in the next day, even for as long as a week after.  For instance, I had one very light drink, and one half of a glass of wine with dinner on Mother’s Day, and on the 2nd day, I had a bad day.  I am not a big drinker anyway, but just that little bit affected the meds.  Sure, I miss having a little drink, or glass of wine once in a while, but be assured, you will have some of those “off” days.  Is it worth it?  All it’s going to do is negate the meds for up to a week, and that is just for one day of having a drink...I would not suggest it.  If you are asking if you can drink daily, you might as well not take the med, as it won’t work as it should.  I’m sorry for being blunt, but unfortunately, it is the truth.  Many of us have found out the hard way.  We have to give up some of the things we enjoy in order for us to get well.  It takes so long for the meds finally work, and to have it undone by the alcohol for even a day is frustrating!  I wish you luck in what ever you decide!

• Posted

FYI...I've been on cital 20mg for 3 years.
  • Posted

Hi Edgar,

I do however I drink very small volume as I was aheavy user once upon a time. It has zero impact on me. I would suggest drinking less though as alcohol is a depressant which offsets the anti-depressants.

• Posted

I drink lager, I have 5-6 per afternoon and a few on a night, I don't go mad, just chill casually with a few, i was scared for 7 months about doing it on cit, i did it and was fine but yeah.. everybody is different.  stay away from wine though, most people have bad side effects from wine and cit.. although again, everybody is different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.