Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im 1p wk into tkr and ive been doing great ,full bend and straighten but my problem is the aching pain has came back and im getting realy bad cramp in my foot which lasts all night.ive done the whole banana before bed like physio advised but dont work.feel as though ive took 10 steps forward and 1t back.anyone else had this plz.x

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Suppose to say 10 wk into tkr lol
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am 8 weeks post TKR and also get cramps in my feet.  I bought a natural remedy at Walmart in the vitamin section called Hyland's leg cramps and it works.  You can also drink some dill pickle juice and it helps also.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Janice, hope the diazapan helps I use it for my knee twitching and it's painful but it only happens at night.  I also was getting cramps in my calf and now take a megadose capsule of magnesium daily and have found that helps so much recommended by my dr.

Good luck... Tracey

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Full bend ??? At 10 weeks far-out your in.legend catoergory pain is pain is pain it comes and goes in mysterious ways for me it generally is from doing to much because you automatically start doing more when you have less pain then it bites you in the arse if you have full bend just relax a bit more
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks rbleegrip.physio came and told me there was no need for her to come anymore as i was doing so well myself.the cramps are the worst specialy when i go to bed.x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah I had some restless legs but never cramps but some massive impulses to really stretch funny how we are all different but I elevated on pillows in bed and mostly could only sleep on back I'm 3 mths now and still get a little stiff and sore in bed...umm no pun intended....also when you are in bed at night there is nothing else happening for your brain to focus on as in no background noise so your brain will focus alot on your knee cramps...hmmmmmm maybe drink more water really hydrate that can not be overstated I think

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up