Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer with agrophobia I won't leave my house but today I am so fed up I want to go out my sister in law has offered me to go there but I'm so scared I haven't been out for like 8 weeks how do I not be anxious what about if I have a panick attack?? Help advice

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Kirsty. I am also suffering from this and general anxiety. I went out last Saturday for the first time in about two months. Done me the world of good. Forced myself through it and had the best day in ages. The following day, I stayed in bed all day and convinced myself that I was dying again! I know it's hard but you have to try and find a good balance. I feel odd giving advice because I'm still convinced I'm dying as I always have some sort of pains. Panic attack at home or at your sisters will still have the same outcome. You're safe! It's when you start worrying about dying that makes it harder. Which is he stage I'm at! Go out!

• Posted

Thankyou for the advice it's so hard isn't it it's like your body puts you in a anxious mood before you do it,,I'm always scared incase I have a panick attack while I'm out its so hard how did you push yourself to do it?? I always think I'm going to die when I have a panick attack it's awful even tho I have had thousands

• Posted

I had panic attacks everyday at work. I'd have to leave everyday at about 3 and I would have one. But now that seems to of passed. I still have bad times but I manage to stay at my desk now. I have been offered to be signed off but I didn't have a day off so I think that helped. I am a bit low at the moment and I don't know why. Constantly feel like I'm dying! Panic attacks have subsided but anxiety is at an all time high!

• Posted

Sorry to hear that sandy it's awful,,,how do u feel??? Thinking about going out now is turning my stomach and making me feel all anxious it's awful I just want to feel normal again do u suffer with not feeling real??

• Posted

Yeah this morning my mind is just not right like I zone out of what I'm looking at. Which then leads to a sinking feeling in my stomach as I'm worried about what's going on in my head. All yesterday I was worried about a feeling in my chest which I wouldn't of worried about before this bout of anxiety. Mornings are the worst though tbh. You gotta get out your comfort zone. I went out and drove which I didn't wanna do but that seems to of helped me a bit now as I can do both! It's when I'm sitting in my house at the moment which is my worst periods. I feel like I'm living life in 3rd person.

• Posted

I feel like this sandy I feel like I'm not real then that worries me I hate it anxiety is the devil do u think it makes it worse sitting around on your own?? I'm so scared of going out tho it turns my stomach are u on meds?

• Posted

I'm on fluoxetine which is for depression too. I'm 20 days in so it's still working it's way into me properly, are you? Yeah being on your own is the worst thing. Speaking to strangers and people you wouldn't normally speak to help me!

• Posted

You might be okay now. The meds are leveled and such. Go and have fun. You are not in the same boat as you were anymore. 
  • Posted

Hey Sandy, it's definitely better to get out and try to break the cycle! I found it really helped if I was honest from the start, and told the person I was with that I might need to escape at some point. This really takes the pressure off.

All the best hunnibun x

• Posted

Hey Kirsty, it's definitely better to get out and try to break the cycle! I found it really helped if I was honest from the start, and told the person I was with that I might need to escape at some point. This really takes the pressure off.

All the best hunnibun x

• Posted

Thankyou Kate I have suffered with agrophobia for weeks now I haven't even been taking my kids to school because of this I have had to get a relative to take them for me I just hate living like this it's awful but I have come out so that's a start I feel anxious and that though but trying to ignore it telling myself I will be fine,,,

• Posted

The fear is overwhelming hey! I used to sit at the top of the stairs, willing myself to go down them to the front door, and just not being able to. It's so easy to get stuck in this cycle, it's horrible!

Is your doctor aware of what's going on?

Well done for going out hunnibun! Every time you can accomplish a small thing that doesn't go wrong, it's a step in the right direction x

• Posted

I have had plenty of panic attacks and they do feel like you are dying. But in reality they only last 10 minutes or so and then slowly go away. I too am afraid of some social situations. But I surround myself with people who care about me and what I'm dealing with. If one should occur I let them know and we all go back to my safe zone and just wait it out. Nothing to be ashamed of. Giving in and not leaving your house (safe zone) is like giving in to the disease and if you're like me, let's fight this thing with baby steps and more and more baby steps. I'd ask your SIL or a trusted friend to go out for something as simple as ice cream, eat it at the park or at the place and once it's done you go right home and feel like you truly accomplished a step in the right direction

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.