Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Have been on this medication for 2 weeks almost. Feel so so anxious generally on it and although it's helped my mood, my brain isn't working correctly at all and I just can't think straight. This is adding to the anxiety and I'm in a right state. I just don't know what to do. I see the psychiatrist on Friday so know I have to grind it out until then. The depression when I'm not on it was god awful, but it doesn't feel like much of a life like this.

Does anybody know what I mean? I think this is so hard as I was doing really well for a long time on my fluoxetine and a little bit of mirtazapine, so comparing it makes me feel doubly worse now knowing how strong I was previously.

I don't know what to do :-/

I don't sleep, eat, am petrified of everything. Memories are really strong. Ugh

I should have done a mood diary everyday

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I think you will find the consensus here is to wait a bit longer for things to work. I have only been on it for 5 days now. First 4 days were absolutely horrid. Waking up having horrible thoughts, and being that desperate. Not going back to sleep, no appetite, extreme fatigue, the list goes on. Today, I crawled out of bed at 10am! Exhausted. But, then the day picked up, I had no fatigue, and started eating. I actually felt ok. I too have been on fluox and didnt have this. Went off because it kept me awake though. So, they reckon after 2 weeks the side effects subside somewhat, depending on the person. So I hope that happens for you. But I can relate to that feeling. It is terrible. I hope you feel better soon. Maybe give it a tad longer as 2 weeks is still not long unfortuntaely. I know some people who have had it work after a few days, and many on here after 3 or 4 weeks etc. Depends on what you are on it for too I think. Good luck. Let us know when it improves. 
  • Posted

Youre gonna have to give these meds a bit longer so you can give them time to work. Perhaps u could incorporate a little exercise innur daily routine. Try changing ur daily routine a bit. Good luck, keep ur chin up and ur best foot forward.
  • Posted

You need to give this mdication a furthe month to start feeling the benefit 

You have an appointment on Friday have words with him 

It is only five days with the medication, keep taking the medication to make it work

B.

• Posted

Update

Hi guys, thanks for your responses. I'm still really struggling, I think my mood is better but my mind doesn't work as I would like it, loads of intrusive thoughts and worrying, no hope that I can ever feel well again. I see my psych on 18th November, I can survive until then. I'm on 5mg of escitalopram as I'm very sensitive to meds.

I get in such a state and permanent anxiety it's scary as anything, I genuinely don't feel 'there' at all. Then sometimes it can lift for an hour or so.

I should Have seen my psych 6 months ago but felt I could Cope, which I clearly couldn't.

Any words of support would

Be really welcome. I've been on the pills for 2 weeks and 5 days now.

I felt a bit better last week until I went to my group therapy session which has been making me feel worse, yet I still go

Back ha so silly.

I don't want to feel this desperate forever. It's been pretty awful

Now going on 5 months, since my ex broke up with me, then starting a new and COMPLETELY different job, which included lots of travelling . However, it was all getting

worse before then anyway. God I feel so hopeless and desperate. I wish I never met my ex, I was doing SO well before then, I was strong for

The first time ever. Now I am a shadow of the man I used to be.

Perhaps I shouldn't have written this here, 8

Have loads of people that care about me yet I feel

I am letting people down. I know that I shouldn't think that, but I do.

Not sure where to turn now, permanent state of desperation and my mind feels 'gone'. Writing this helps a little.

Sorry for being self absorbed.

• Posted

No worry it's very painfull same happen my life

My heart broken in million pieces

• Posted

Yea the first week for me was The worst but then it did clear up I've heard of people not feeling postive effects until week 4 and although I didn't feel any benefit until about 3 weeks or so the week that I have had of good days as I have been on them for 6 weeks now have a been a much needed break although today has been an It of a blip and I had a fever and junk, also feel like a cold or something is coming which is prolly why my anxiety has come back so much today. But I'm hoping to be back on track tmw but it did take a cpl of weeks to start feeling he benefit and 3 weeks to have my heightened anxiety lack of apetetite and just over drive to do any thing to go away so I'd say stick with it for now the general rule is 4-6weeks to start feeling the befnefit of it, but everyone is different as is every medication so comparing this time on this med and the last time on that one isn't really a fair comparison. Stay strong keep your head up and keep moving forward it can only get better since your already at a low right? Atleast that's how I looked at it and still do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.