Help

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been on diazepam and zopiclone for 15 years after having a mental breakdown, i suffer horrendous anxiety and panic disorder i am also agoraphobic all of a sudden my GP wants me off all meds I'm panic stricken can't eat or sleep and pacing the floor, i don't think i can do this I'm so low, when i refused to come off he said he didn't want to see me again and to ask for another GP wtf,, i asked him to refer me back to the mental health team, can anyone give me any advice please x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Get a psychiatrist sooner rather than later. You can do it. Have old gp release your records before your 1st appt.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply I have asked the gp to refer me ASAP they will have old notes on me from when I was sectioned x
  • Posted

surely, you have a contact nmber for our mental heal team or previous cpn. My neighbour feels the same as yourself on occasions and a quick chat with her cpn or team makes her feel more secure. I haven't been on your meds etc., but I would if I ere you give the team a quick ring. hope you feel better soon and sort any problems out regards,

• Posted

I feel very detached at the moment really unwell when I’m like this I tend to lock myself away and avoid everyone my panic and anxiety is through the roof

I have asked for urgent referral to mental health team

Thank you for your reply x

• Posted

He sounds awful! Once you're able to, I'd request a different gp if I were you, and I'd state exactly why. As a gp he should know that you can't just stop taking Diazepam, especially after all those years!

I hope you get on ok with your mental health team!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.