Help

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all just been reading some of your lovely threads and I'm hoping you can help me I have been diagnosed with anxiety/depression and gp has prescribed citalopram 10mg I took it at night hoping to sleep through the side effects I got the sweating but I also got really fast hear rate aswell and this morning woke up and have been sick anyone else had this xxx

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi x

Everyone is different but I would recommend taking it in the morning. My symptoms got worse before they got better so be prepared for that too. In the long run though I think they work really well

• Posted

HI there I agree with Liza to take the pill In The morning but the side effects are many and quite long lasting the fast heart rate and feeling hot are just a couple of them.  Don’t worry they fade and go I have been on them over 8 weeks and most of them have left!!!
  • Posted

Hi yes the sweating and fast heartbeat is the anxiety the sickness can be down to the anxiety or the citralopram x It does ease after it gets into the system properly if the fast heartbeat happens breathe through your nose and out through your mouth if u r really struggling ask doc about beta blockers
  • Posted

Think ive maybe just been lucky i didnt have any side effects x
    • Posted

Kaz  you have no idea how lucky you are, how long you been taking them!! You are the exception rather than the rule!!!!
    • Posted

Ive been on 40mg for years n years unfortunately wish i could come off them all 😢

• Posted

Hi there, I've done the same thing of taking it at night. The side effects get less over time (unfortunately the sweating has not for me! Doesn't have an odour just horrible to feel wet all the time). Stick with it and things will improve!

Matt M

• Posted

Hi, hang in there.... side effects are horrible at first but they don’t last and it’s a miracle drug for anxiety. 
    • Posted

Hi Judith, How long have you been taking it for and what dose?
    • Posted

Hi Hun, Sorry I’ve not been on the site much, I was busy at work.

I am OK. Ive started taking Celexa later in the day, just because I keep yawning all the time... I dont feel tired just feel very medicated,as though Ive had loads of sleeping tablets... 

I’ve been on Celexa 6 weeks now, but I dont notice much change yet... I’m not going to give up on them yet.

Ive reduced my Mirtz now to 15mg, I will stay on that dose for 4 weeks then reduce to 7.5mg... Then hopefully come off them...Ive put on so much weight on them...

How are you doing hun? 

• Posted

Iam doing really well...iam pretty sure when the mirtazapine is out of your system your weight will lesson...the cravings will definitely diminish..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.