HELP

Posted , 6 users are following.

Please can anyone give me thoughts on the following I’m st my wits end now....

Every time I fall asleep i keep jolting like body. I’m getting discomfort in my chest just off to the left slightly. 

Please can anyone relate as I’m so scare and a feeling ibd never exorurmved.

I’m scared to sleep as well😢

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Can you be more specific on your situation..
    • Posted

So I’ve gone from

10mg to 5mg and have been on 5mg for the past 5 week on citalopram. I’ve solit up from my fiancé last week, and now when it comes to falling asleep I’m literally jolting or waking myself up not being able to breath. I ache all over and have pain in my face/head. As for chest pain it’s slightly off to left of my centre. I’ve also not had a great appetite but that’s down to being upset over my ex.

• Posted

So more than likely your experiencing anxiety from your split..and the jolting can be a side effect of reducing your dose ..best thing to do is ask your doctor for a short term sleep aid..like ziplocone..
    • Posted

Or ask fro a benzo it makes withdrawal side effects from reduction more tolerable..
    • Posted

Do not take zoplicone for sleep ever! It us a bad drug and in Canada it's no longer prescribed.

I would see your doctor and tell him you are now afraid to

Go to sleep that was my first sign of sleep apnea, so I was prescribed zoplicone and that was no cure for sleep apnea

You are under stress because of a break up. You have reduced your citilipram, there will be physical reaction to reducing the drug but see your doctor first about the tremors an d chest pain, coukd just be stress.

But are you overweight and is there sleep apnea in your family.

With me I had sleep apnea and my body was afraid to go to sleep. So I could not sleep, so the doctor prescribeded zoplicone and 1 pill went to 2 and I started to get forgetful so I tried getting off the zoo. And it was he'll, I tried reducing and suffered from anxiety. Finally from reading these sites someone was having the same problem and said MIRTAZIPINE worked for sleep. But check for sleep apnea 1st.

Good luck, there is help for all of this and you will be ok just see your doctor

• Posted

See everyone is different I took ziplocone for one whole year I did not have a problem coming off them..now martizapine is and antidepressant .that antidepressant gave me horrible vision problems..taking antidepressants for other issues other than for depression is quite risky...
    • Posted

See everyone is different I took ziplocone for one whole year I did not have a problem coming off them..now martizapine is and antidepressant .that antidepressant gave me horrible vision problems..taking antidepressants for other issues other than for depression is quite risky...
  • Posted

Hello, ive had the same thing happen over the years, only when im really anxious, and when it does, it only happens the once during the night, if it does. Felt it was to do with relaxing due to sleep, when going through periods of high anxiety,. When im less anxious generally, it rarely happens, if at all. It seems to come when im really anxious, and once my anxious period is over, it stops completely.
  • Posted

Don't worry about the jolting, although it is good to mention to gp so they can check.

Have had this pre ever using antidepressants, as well as when using. Happened also last night when I was using a relaxation, suddenly jolted and woke myself up.

Do mention the pain to gp though, although strongly suspect it's part of antidepressant reduction. All pain should be checked out though, as a precaution.

• Posted

Yep I have had that. Temazepam is a good short term option. Can make you feel groggy in the morning but helps you to sleep when the anxiety is full on. Exercise to burn off adrenaline helps to. Exercise bike. I take lorazepam now at night which helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.