Help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been on indefinate high rate dla for 20+ years, have been refused pip mobility, can you please help?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

They always say no to start with. They hope people will give up. You need t99looo
    • Posted

Sorry my phone is playing up. You need to write an appeal. CAB can help if you need advice. Xxx
    • Posted

That's not true, sorry. They don't always say no to start with at all. Lots of people claim PIP successfully first time, or when transferring from DLA. It totally depends on how your conditions affect you whether you qualify for Enhanced mobility or daily living. 

• Posted

Perhaps that is true. I hope it is. I can only go on my personal experiences. I have helped lots of people with their appeals, and I've not heard of anyone getting PIP first time. Apart from one girl with terminal cancer. DLA is a different matter.

Regardless of other people's situations an appeal is needed in this case. Xxx

• Posted

I can assure you it's most definitely true and i'm very surprised you don't know this as you state you've help many people with their appeals. 

I was successful first time with my PIP claim and was refused DLA. My daughter was also refused DLA yet was successful with her PIP claim first time and she also claim Enhanced for both parts because of the way her autism, learning disability and social anxiety affects her. Plenty of people successfully claim PIP first time, without any problems at all In fact there's quite a few members that post on her that have done exactly that....successfully claimed PIP first time. 

• Posted

I was on low rate DLA for 10+ years and had to move over two years ago, I'm now on high rate for both, it was awarded because I couldn't live a quality of life without it.

First time claiming PIP, I know lots that moved over with no problems.

• Posted

Hi,

Being on high rate mobility DLA doesn't automatically mean you'll qualify for Enhanced mobility PIP. They're 2 completely different benefits with completely different criteria. DLA high mobility was 50 metres but PIP is 20 metres for the moving around part, that's quite a big difference in the criteria. It totally depends on how your conditions affect you and whether you're claiming for a physical disability or mental health. Did you send evidence to support your claim? 

I'd strongly advise you to get further advice before deciding on your next step and contact either CAB or welfare rights or any other disability advice centre in your area. You will be able to tell them how your conditions affect you and they'll be able to advise accordingly. 

The first step to an appeal is a mandatory reconsideration (MR) and you have 28 days to request this, in writing. When writing the letter you need to state what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and why. A copy of the assessment report will help you with this letter. If any lies were told in the report by the assessment providers then you should avoid mentioning these because DWP will not be interested in any of this.

If you have a mobility car then motability will be in contact with you shortly. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.