Help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been crying all day. I have to put my cat down to sleep next week. I can't stop crying

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i can understand what you are going through 😦 i am so sorry! Just know that you are ending your cat's pain and it will appreciate you for that. spend your remaining time spoiling that cat and giving him or her lots of love! Have you heard of cremation jewelry? look online! they are so beautiful! i am going to have one made for my baby girl D. my dog. she was my whole world!

• Posted

I usually don't reply to threads but yours hit home. My wife and I of 16 yrs have had our female calico since our first week. We have no children....she is our baby. Out of nowhere this year HER health just went haywire. There were a few things that happened but 1 hit us hard. She is in early stages of liver failure. We were told all the things to do etc. etc. etc....and all we could do that she would partake to was going to a all wet natural food. The last year we have went through hundreds of Dollars just to find her a food she will eat consistently. For now we have one but now we are consumed with how long does she have? They said early stages and she acts normal enough but it drives us crazy. I think about what you are going through right now everyday. I dread it. I'm not sure how life can normalize without her in our life. I have OCD and Agorophobia...so she is my world....literally. I get so mad too at times when she may have a bad day. I want to control more that I known I can. If things weren't bad enough...she has gone 90% blind recently. Now she is half of herself. She will only get on the bed and floor. The couch,window and cat tree was her sanctuary till the blindness. My wife actually goes back to bed in the evenings and off days to cuddle with her. She does have stairs and has been getting around better but....you know....it sux. Most days I shut down when I see she's not her self. I'm a big gamer and movie watcher and all that goes out the door. I would give the rights to every play another game if God would have her live forever.

So why am I here posting? I'm not really sure. I was checking my email and randomly seen your post. The feelings you are dealing with...I will feel soon enough. It's the life God gave us all and we have no control over Any of it. I hope you will grow stronger from this whole rotten situation. I hope we do too. We all treat pets differently. Some are just companions...others are as close as a son or daughter. Many ppl don't understand that...but they become part of you. I do things around our baby that I don't even do around my wife. I sing stupid made up songs with her name in them for instance....I mean, who does that? Well....I do...and I most of the time I'm not annoying her. lol Anyways...I just wanted you to know you are not alone. It makes me feel good that there are other ppl like my wife and I who will cry for their pet. It sux that this happen....but I keep telling myself...that my baby girl must have really loved me and helped me through all these yrs...because if she hadn't done so much....I wouldn't feel so sad. Your baby did his/her job. That cat loves you and trust you more than anything. So....comfort your cat...spend time with it. Even if he or she isn't feeling good and doesn't wanna be bothered....its good to stay close by. Let them know always. I'm praying for you. I hope God sends you a million blessings of comfort to your heart and soul. God Bless.

• Posted

hello

crying is the best formula for you it helps the pain.

loosing a friend can be heart wrenching but think of all the good times you had together, if you believe in life after this life then your in for some great days ahead.

Gog bless

John

• Posted

im terribly sorry as a cat lover who has lost cats i can completely understand

just cry and let it all out cats are just as precious as family xx

• Posted

I'm going to take it to the vet to see if something is wrong with him

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.