Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i have been on citalapram for years i was on 20mg for 10 years and worked well i then got pregnant again and had one night of very anxious sleep over a year ago which has spiralled out of control. a year later i was put up to 40mg 5 weeks ago and i am still very anxious , scared of sleeping , have anxiety sympoms and feel like i did 10 years ago

the whole situation is bringing ne down i am going abroad on hols in 2 weeks and so anxious i worry all the time i cant live like this

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

thats a high dose .from my knowledge lower doses work best for anxiety sufferers.best regards

• Posted

Sure works better for me. Im on 10mg like you lois. Down from 20mg

• Posted

yes dubry if folks would just stay the course with the lower doses instead of searching for quick recovery with higher doses there wouldnt be any added drama from startups and changing doses all the time .these meds play a big role on our nervous system so we gotta thread lightly with this meds.best regards

• Posted

this is by no means a "quick recovery" i have been on 10-20 mg for years but ut was not working for me due to lots of stress in my life! hence i am asking for help not critiism

• Posted

iam not been critical i was talking to dubry.by all means sorry if you took it that way .i do not critizise folks in this forum i try to help as much as possible .that is not my forte .best regards

• Posted

every time you up the dose is like starting all over again no matter how long you been taking this medication.period.my phychiatrist and i have a very good relation ship and sh e informs me of all the pros and cons of these meds.

• Posted

i was on 20 but had a behreavement/going back to work /famiky problems which is why i was upped to 30 and now 40mg maybe i ahould give longer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.