Help. Acne scars and rocesa and pesky acne bumps

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion
erebu

I was diagnosed by my dermatologist with acne roscea and have been treating it since April, it's been almost 4 months and while i've noticed my skin has slightly improved, i've also noticed that a bunch of problem spots have stayed the same. the edge of my jaw, to be specific, has a pimple that is very red and inflamed and seems to never go away. sometimes it hurts and it bothers me a lot. i also have acne scars so it makes my skin look worse, the combination of acne scar + roscea sucks lol. I was wondering if there's any tips and tricks for dealing with these bumps and the acne scars as well. Right now im using aczone gel 5% in the mornings and sodium sulfacetamide 10% and sulfur 2% at night. i use a cetaphil soap for the face and cetaphil cleanser as well. i also use a oil free mosturizer and would like to know if there's anything anyone has tried that works with acne scars and acne, but is also gentle for roscea. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Whenever I used to go out on a bright sunny day first my face used to turn red like a tomato, then red rashes started to appear on both sides of my nose....so for me going outside was only possible when it's a cloudy day or at night only....then one day my neighbour notices me and one of their family members recommended me to apply dermalmd rosacea serum on my face and I am using it for two weeks and now I am really astonished as I can now easily roam around outside on a bright sunny day......... 

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.