Help/Advice on my symptoms (Anyone experienced the same)?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, Long story short

6 weeks ago i was coimg to home driving car and my heart started poundung and felt like i am having heart attack and i stoped the car and managed to went to nearest shop they called me an ambulance and i was short of breath and shaking and on and on... Paramadis came and put the ecg machine and check blood pressure and it was ok thats what they said and the they bring me to ER and had blood test and chest X-Ray everything was normal and then they send me after week for stress test it was ok but because of family heart hostory my cardiologist sent me for Heart angiogram and everything was ok.

My Dr put me on citalopram 10mg for (anxiety/panic) now i am on week 5.

My anxity and panic is low now but my neck and jaw is always numb and slight pain and i have light/foogy head too???

Please share or advise.

Thanks 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you find you are gritting your teeth or grinding?
    • Posted

Not really i feel like my teeth are numb...?
    • Posted

That sounds like a side effect of medicine. I would talk to pharmacist and or Dr
    • Posted

I will go to pharmacist tomorrow.... any idea how long this is going to happend.....
  • Posted

That's how my first anxiety attack occured, same symtoms so what you feel is completetly normal when having a panic attack. I'm sorry you are going through this. Hang in there!
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Carla I'm taking tablets since 5 weeks now I was thinking this should be stop by now or maybe I have to wait little longer......?
    • Posted

Most people say it takes at least five to six weeks, I decided not to take the pills so I been learning coping skills and breathing exercises. The reason I decided not to take the pills is because pills only masks the problem. I want to cure this forever. I know exactly how you feel, is terrying and hard to understand at first. Learning how to breath makes your life better.
  • Posted

You should let your doctor whats going on. Let the doctor deciede if its medicine related or a different issue or from stress. Thats the smartest route here. Then learn cognitive behavioral therapy. 
    • Posted

Yes Lisa i will give one more week and if i still feel the same i will go to Dr next week.
  • Posted

This happens to me all the time with anxiety even when it is low

It suckscheesygrin

• Posted

Hoplefuly this will be over soon and we will be ok 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.