Help/Advice on my symptoms (Anyone experienced the same)?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, Long story short

6 weeks ago i was coimg to home driving car and my heart started poundung and felt like i am having heart attack and i stoped the car and managed to went to nearest shop they called me an ambulance and i was short of breath and shaking and on and on... Paramadis came and put the ecg machine and check blood pressure and it was ok thats what they said and the they bring me to ER and had blood test and chest X-Ray everything was normal and then they send me after week for stress test it was ok but because of family heart hostory my cardiologist sent me for Heart angiogram and everything was ok.

My Dr put me on citalopram 10mg for (anxiety/panic) now i am on week 5.

My anxity and panic is low now but my neck and jaw is always numb and slight pain and i have light/foogy head too???

Please share or advise.

Thanks 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ali

Take solice in knowing your heart is ok after the tests. The key one you have had there is the Angiogram. That is pretty much the main test so ensure there are no blockages and that blood is going in and out the heart. Youve had the rolls royce test :-)

Now its about dealing with the mind and how the anxiety tries to make us beleive somethings wrong by simply amplfying every effect in the body.

• Posted

Thanks Jay yes the did Cornory CT Angiogram and everything was cleared so that was bit of relief for me, but you know our mind is always playing games with us.

Its been 5 weeks now on Citalopram 10mg hopefuly by next week i should feel better.

• Posted

I have only been taking Citalopram for a little over a week and I am feeling better already. Perhaps because I am on a very low dose of Ativan to help. I take a total of 1 1/2 pills a day of .5mg so getting 1.20mg a day
    • Posted

Thanks for the post Diane and glad to hear that you are feeling better one day we all will be 100% perfect. 

• Posted

I really think it is the ativan taking the edge off the normal anxiety that seems to increase while adjusting to Citalopram
    • Posted

Yes Diane you are right I will be going to my Dr next week if i don't notice any change and i will ask him to give me something to relax
    • Posted

I take the 1/2 Ativan when I wake up around 6am, the other half around 12 or 1pm and then another 1/2 about 7pm. Since the pill is such a low dose I don't think the withdrawal will be so bad at some point. But right now I could care less about withdrawal because I am feeling at least 50-60% better. And seem to be improving a little bit each day.
    • Posted

Very good Diane yes the dose is to low to it will be ok and best thing is this you are feeling better thats the best part.

I was ok but from last few days i am feeling like this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.