Help!! Advice please

Posted , 6 users are following.

Health anxiety and I've got a weird sensation at the bottom of my sternum really strange fluttery feeling , not sure if it's coming from my heart or is it my stomach , is this anxiety or heart attack !!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Natalie

Sometimes we can feel the heart beating it is generally not that concerning and in a way it can mean you are healthy.

If you are suffering from an anxiety, sometimes the heart may palpatate it will eventually stop doing this. However people whithout anxiety may have the same sensation.

One other thing can happen when in bed you may feel the heart, this can also be normal, again do not worry. 

Relaxation techniques do work for me and your GP may have some tapes so you can try this diversion. Breathing techniques may also help you calm down your anxiety

Of course if you need to gain assurence, talk to your GP

• Posted

To be on the safe side see a DR first and tell them what's going on, Anxiety masks itself so many different ways so eliminate factor one first. Let me ask you something if you don't mind, are you going through some tough times? Anxitey is caused by two things, the way we think or as a chemical inbalance which you probably don't have. If something is bothering you and you have become anxious that's what's causing the anxiety so just be honest with yourself and with your Dr, there are many ways to beat this! Good luck. 

• Posted

Hi there Natalie,

I get this too, and have noticed since I was a teenager. I never gave much thought to it, it never gave me any pain or anything. Mine happens a little left of the sturnum though. I'm hoping we're both referring to the same sensation. I'm not sure what it exactly it is or what triggers it. It doesn't last very long. It kind of tickles. I'd say it's more like a twitch. And I'm okay! I just read it could be a muscle spasm. Not too bad, I've gotten plenty of muscle spasms other places too. We naturally want to know what's going on with us. With health anxiety, it's like we feel we absolutely have to know so we're not missing out on treating ourselves, like a thing we have to accomplish because we're scared something bad is going to happen. I know, because I've been there. You'll be fine! smile

• Posted

It sounds like anxiety. I get the same sensation when I get upset. If you're really worried, You should make an appointment with your doctor just to make sure.

• Posted

Tiny little spasms feels like a butterfly.thats anxiety usually. Any oart of you can get those. Some get an eye twitch thing. can hapoen on the butt, on your leg..anywhere. I think i now what you are feeling. Try a magnessium flakes foot soak for 30 minutes. Half a cup of the magnessium flakes in  warm basin and soak your feet. Try that every other day for a bit and see if that helps. And drink a lot of fresh water a day half your body weight in onces a day. If you are 140lbs then drink 70 ounces of water day. Thats an example. Even mild dehydration can mess up muscles and nerves.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.