Help - Aging face!

Posted , 32 users are following.

My face has literally aged overnight! I look at myself and see an old woman now which I never used to.  I used to think I looked pretty good for 48 and people used to comment but not now, my son even said I looked 'not the best' when I spoke to him earlier.  Any tips please as desperately need them.  I used Decleor firming day cream and eye cream but my skin feels like I could wrap it round my head a couple of times there's so much of it and the lines I have under my eyes are reducing is :-( feeling quite low with it all xx

3 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Tracky I'm sure that's not really the case but I get the impression you are feeling really low. If I asked my son how he thought I looked he'd say the same as yours. Go to a hood salon and have a consultation and facial. They can work wonders and give you some great tips. Also visit the hairdressers and have a new style. This is what I do. It doesn't always cost the earth and there are some good fsve creams that are very reasonably priced and often on special offer.
    • Posted

Thank you :-) will ask for vouchers for Christmas 
  • Posted

It's the sagging for me more than the wrinkles. I need a new hair style to give me a 'lift'.
    • Posted

Maybe that's what's not helped I had my hair trimmed and I think it's too short fringe sides all too short?!
  • Posted

Hi Tracky have I got a solution for you!  My skin was drying up as everything else does at this time. redface  I stumbled upon Bio-oil at Walmart and it's the best damn thing I have experiiiiIt willenced.  I use it every night and lightly in the morning.  Makes my skin so soft.  I put it on my neck too.  Great for wrinkles cause it makes your skin soft so wrinkles can't form.  People comment on how fresh and young I look.  It says on the bottle good for scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging skin, dehydrated skin.  Iove it.  

• Posted

Yes ive seen bio oil will give it a try...how long have you been using it? 
    • Posted

Hi there. I am 48.  I found it when I was drying up so nearly a year.  😑. It was like a lift in this gloomy stage.  You wake up and your skin is soft and refreshed.  So on the outside look younger but on the inside I am still 99. 😃.   I got my hair cut and she cut it too short also so getting a short haircut will depress you cause every time you look in the mirror you moan and groan, as I did.  It helps to watch funny movies or books.  We need to stay positive especially during this time.  xo
    • Posted

You girls are a life saver you really are :-)
    • Posted

I told you you wouldn't be alone on this forum
    • Posted

I am glad you are glad.  I feel glad knowing there are nurses on here to straighten things out 😃😀

xxoo

• Posted

Ooops that word is experienced lol xxoo
  • Posted

Hi tracky vitamin e oil is also great for the skin it really helps dry skin. Also any moisturiser without any parabens in it is good for the skin like liz Earle or origins hope that helps. 
  • Posted

Hello Tracky,

I use face creams from Loreal, but I swear by good old vaseline!  Love it around my eyes and I use baby oil on my body!  Feels good, whether it makes me look any younger I doubt it, but it certainly helps the dryness and it is so soothing!

Be proud of your lines you earned them!!!!  I know I did!  Smile lines too!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.