Help ..anxiety/depression

Posted , 7 users are following.

Was told a couple of weeks ago by dr i was suffering from anxiety. Could somebody please explain why i am feeling like i do...Tired, restless,chest aching ,heart pounding,hot flushess,stomach ache ,muscles ache,lightheaded,the list goes on is it me or is it the norm to feel like this..Declined anti depressants but i am taking st johns wart....help me please..........Funny when i am at work dont feel half as bad...nothings making sense anymore.

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Himjohn, I hope you get thrunthis soon. Meds is a good option,sometimes hormones in the brain can be replaced with meds when out of balance, taking a herb is a medication how is it helping you.,it never helped me.,depression can go thrush stages and many reasons for imbalanced of homes in the brain ,,please try a PC it will help,get you thru a difficult time.,it takes time to find the right one for you.,take the time and invest in youselfmtomfeel better,
  • Posted

Thats just what anxiety does. Forget about the st johns wart, theres no evidence that it does any good.  If you dont want meds no probs, you dont need to - but ask for therapy instead.  Sitting back and waiting for it to dissapear wont work at all
    • Posted

It's a herb and very few cases it has helped.,it's better to se a doc who has knowledge to help,depression and mood disorders br replacement how one therapy using anti depressants, Cimbalta really helped me and fibromyalgia.,

• Posted

Hi,

Well, all of the things you mention could be because of anxiety, and possibly depression.

When I was first told I had anxiety I said, but I don't feel anxious. The same with depression, doesn't mean you might feel depressed.

They are both states of mind, rather than feelings.

There are many things going on in our lives that run in the background on automatic. Other things need more concentration. Sometimes possibly because of circumstances beyond our control, things are not easily dealt with.

Some event or episode may be playing on your mind. Bereavement and finances often are the cause, only you will know for certain.

It may need you to take medication, your GP will monitor you and advise you.

Mike.

• Posted

Very good advice, it won't hurt to give it a try if it help thata plus and can move on from there. Nothing to be afraid of. Stress in life is a every day occurancei and sometimes we need help to cope . Just as if a diabetic need meds we who suffer from depression can gain a great deal by trying something that can get usnthru a fought time. Stress can case an imbalance oh hormones in the brain causing thes symptoms you describe. See your doctor .

• Posted

not to sure if the st johns is helping,so confusing these symptoms.
    • Posted

its not really that confusing to be honest, a dr has given you a diagnosis, so its just about treatment. Im all for not taking meds, i dont really think they help people in the long run - but your willing to take st johns wort, which can actually be very harmful and at the very least isnt proven to help at all. So if your willing to do that, why not take meds which at least have had millions of pounds in testing to make sure they are as effective as possible?  Or if you dont want meds, then therapy is an option. Theres a lot out there to help, but youve got to make the effort to try them, otherwise theres little point in asking a drs opinion in the first place
    • Posted

I dont want to become dependant on meds prescribed.Heard a lot of bad things about anti depressants have used them many years ago and found they were not for me . awaiting councelling sessions which have been helpful in the past.
  • Posted

If are you from India, you can contact with Nirvana Naturopathy, from that centre one of my best friend relieved from depression.
  • Posted

Hi John, how's it going today?

I'm a completely different person at work - unbelievable how good I feel there, and how bad I feel coming home! 

Anxiety and depression are so closely linked that sometimes your doctor just acts on instinct. 

Have you heard of CBT? It did me the world of good - you judge yourself with this therapy and break stuff down so it's not "all too much" anymore...

If you're really struggling with the symptoms of anxiety you can always ask your doc for betablockers to take as and when.

Good luck sweetheart x

• Posted

Hi kate thanks for asking i am at work right now feeling good but not 100%.Amazing how better i feel when i am working.Maybe i have to much time to think about things and that is what causes my problems.NO never heard of CBT tell me more....Thanks again for your message.
  • Posted

How long have you been taking the St. John's Wort? According to WebMd, it can have these side effects:

Trouble sleeping, vivid dreams, restlessness, anxiety, irritability, stomach upset, fatigue, dry mouth, dizziness, headache, skin rash, diarrhea, and tingling.

Good luck!

Lori

• Posted

Ive no idea where the current craze for St John's Wort comes from. It just doesn't work as a treatment for anything, theres no proof at all, but there is lots of proof for the potential problems it can cause

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.