Help, back to back panic and anxiety attacks

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies, well here I am again looking for reassurance I just feel I can't take much more of these symptoms

If you've been reading my posts you'll know that during this hormone imbalance/peri I've been suffering from problems with my balance, feeling faint, woozy...

I always sleep on my left side or turn on to my back lately, for some reason I've got it into my head if I lay on my right side I'll get dizzy

Well this morning I lay on my right side for 5 mins. I don't know if I've brought dizziness on with focussing on it and panicking but my whole day up until now has been wasted, crying and panicking, nausea now headache

I'm sick of feeling like this and also my reaction to symptoms, I've developed terrible fear, it's making me feel really down and in despair, it's affecting my relationship with my family

Can any ladies offer me any reassurance

Thanks for listening

Love

Brenda x

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Brenda

im so sorry to hear what your going through, I can definately relate!

You need some assistance now, are you taking any hormones? 

Regardless if your taking anything or not please go to your doctor and calmly tell them your desperate and believe it's menopause related.

if they are no help change your doctor. I know this sounds like effort during this exhausting time but it will be worth it.

unfortunately we are all just having to find our own solutions, it is a tragic state of affairs and completely infuriates me, but be confident there is help out there.

right now you could try meditating, there are lots of apps that are useful. Anxiety is a bit of a vicious cycle and sometimes we just need something to break that cycle.

please don't despair, know that your not alone and nothing lasts forever.

virtual hug

xx

• Posted

Hi Amanda, thank you so much for responding it means a lot to me

I've been on various HRTs that never worked out because of side effects, now my GP has prescribed tibolone which I've been taking now for 20 days

I was suffering from severe stress just before peri and have had a terrible time since last year losing my mum as well in January

I've developed a fear of this off balance and it's causing so much anxiety, in fact I'm scared of everything, side effects of tablets, loud noises etc. It's affecting my relationship with my husband as I'm too scared to let him near me

I need to get some control back, I'll need to stop focusing on symptoms which is also depressing me

Thanks again Amanda for listening

Hugs xx

• Posted

Brenda,

I'm so sorry that you are having a rough day. I've been there and still have days of it. Unfortunately at a time when our hormones are all over the place it causes those horrible symtpoms. One things for certain, if it was from a disease it would not come and go. So trust it's hormones and unfortunately tinnitus, vertigo, and dizzy spells are all common peri/meno symtpoms as well as the anxiety. I can't suggest anything for you take, but I can give you some words of encouragement. I was so messed up mentally behind this, that I was scared for myself. I felt all over the place and no one could seem to help me or tell me what was going on. I finally had to accept that this "change" is going to happen wether I want it to or not. I can't take anything yet due to docs not listening and my hypertension. So I had to decide that I can't live like this, i've had to resign from my job, i've become an introvert, I'm sure my relationship is over because I can't deal with my partner, my family is worried I'm going off the deep end, and at times I don't know if I'm coming or going. But at this time I need to take care of me so I can be good for my family and kids who need me. So I decided to go with it, if my body is tired, I lye down, if I feel like crying, I cry, if I feel rage, I find something to break, when I'm anxious, I try to deep breathe and find something else to focus on, when im down or sad i come here to vent or just read to know I'm not alone. I listen to my body and deal with the symtpoms as they arise. I seem to know more about what's going on with me than docs do. If you take any supplements or meds for your symtpoms by all means take them. Don't suffer when you don't have to. You will get through it and will be just fine. Just remember to take care of you and we are here for each other. ((Hugs))

• Posted

Wow what wonderful inspiring words.

I pray all you ladies come out the other side of peri stronger and happier than ever.

Everything you have said os me for the past eight years of peri.

Im currently five months with no period so have no idea wether im coming or going.

Stay strong we will get through this together x

• Posted

We certainly will come out just fine. I have to feed myself positive affirmations every day. If don't I will be seriously written off as crazy. This last couple of months have taken me to a place mentally that I never want to go to again. As long as I'm having any health issues treated, I chalk the rest up to hormones and I know I won't have it forever and none of us will.
    • Posted

Jamie, you've been through such a hard time as well I think it's survival of the fittest and this time of life makes you feel so weak and vulnerable

It's good to hear that you've taken an attitude that suits you that should temper the anxiety but I do hope your relationship with your husband survives if that's what you want for the future. My husband is really fed up with it all I feel sad for him having to go through all of this with me

Unfortunately the imbalance woozy sensation dosnt come and go for me. It's there every day as soon as I get up from bed some days I can cope with it better than others

I hope you get a break soon and it was lovely hearing from you

Take care and a hug from me xx

• Posted

Aww Brenda, my heart goes out to you. I didn't realize that you had it everyday and that can truly be hard. I praying for relief for you soon.
    • Posted

A big bear hug to you Brenda!!! I know what it feels like I have it all the time too. Today is especially woozy, sensation of dizziness and head tilting. A few weeks ago I made appointments for today with a naturopath and an endocrinologist. Now the day is here and I don't feel up to going but am pushing myself as I want answers and solutions. It seems my thyroid testing wasn't comprehensive. No reverse t3 was done so going to try and rule out thyroid. Seems like conventional Drs here in the U.S. Aren't into HRT for women while still having periods so have to go outside the system and find a dr. Just looking for a dr is excruciating.
    • Posted

Hugs to you also ccincal. Just wondering where in the u.s you are? I live in the uk - Scotland, just wondering what our time difference is, it's 9.45pm here at the moment

I hope the docs in u.s are more pro-active when it comes to hormone imbalances than they are here

I hope you can make your appointments and get some answers

It's weird these symptoms you and I have, my G.P is insisting it's not related to meno and pig everything down to anxiety

Let me know how you get on, it's good to hear from you X

Hugs

Brenda

• Posted

Thanks Jamie, I'll keep you in my prayers too 🙏🏻

Wishing you good times ahead

Love

Brenda x

• Posted

I'm in California. It's 2pm here. The docs here send you to psychiatrist who give antidepressants and to gyno who gives BC pill. So having a real challenge just being heard.

Wow Scotland. Ive always wanted to go there. I've seen photos only beautiful place.

• Posted

It's like everywhere ccincal, some parts lovely some not so nice

Dr's here are pretty much the same handing out the AD to get you out of their office

Let me know if you make it to your appointment and how you get on. I might go private and make an appointment with an endocrinologist find out if their expertise can help me

Speak to you soon

Love

Brenda x

• Posted

OMG. It was wasted money and time with endo. She said since my TSH was normal no need to do any other tests. And said that peri symptoms are hot flash, vaginal dryness and one other thing I can't remember now. And that the other items I listed were not. And that BC was my best option. Aaaarghhh. I wanna scream
    • Posted

Oh it makes me so angry...why won't the so called experts listen to us

They will only recognise the typical symptoms which you mentioned, well why are lots of us ladies in peri suffering from all of these weird symptoms?

You must be feeling so frustrated ccincal, keep going and hopefully between us we'll find out what's going on with us

Try and enjoy the rest of your day in sunny California xx😎

• Posted

Following this post, and this made me so sad! I just knew you were going to get answers! Also, I have been thinking of making an appointment with an endocrinologist for myself, but now kind of unsure. I just don't get it! Where can we go for advice and answers, or help? I feel so alone in this all, even though I know all us women on here feel the same! Please keep posting your journeys ladies, in some way it helps! Good luck to us all!
    • Posted

I don't get it either. I'm not imagining all these symptoms! What was infuriating was she had a smile entire time and afterward says " I hope you feel better soon".

Just don't know what to do, where to turn to while daily I feel lousy. I really thought I would be able to get some help from endo. At my wits end.

• Posted

Jamie, what a great post, I feel the same, all over the shop and just trying to go with it too...take good care xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.