Help, back to back panic and anxiety attacks

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies, well here I am again looking for reassurance I just feel I can't take much more of these symptoms

If you've been reading my posts you'll know that during this hormone imbalance/peri I've been suffering from problems with my balance, feeling faint, woozy...

I always sleep on my left side or turn on to my back lately, for some reason I've got it into my head if I lay on my right side I'll get dizzy

Well this morning I lay on my right side for 5 mins. I don't know if I've brought dizziness on with focussing on it and panicking but my whole day up until now has been wasted, crying and panicking, nausea now headache

I'm sick of feeling like this and also my reaction to symptoms, I've developed terrible fear, it's making me feel really down and in despair, it's affecting my relationship with my family

Can any ladies offer me any reassurance

Thanks for listening

Love

Brenda x

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Brenda,

I can relate to you with the panic and anxiety. I find myself panicking more, panic attacks arent new to me because of my agoraphobia (i do go out but avoid open areas) but with this menopause it seems to have heightened it. No wonder you feel like you do especially if you sadly lost your mum. Although I sadly lost my mum twenty years ago I remember having panic attacks, the stress you go through in bereavement is incredible. Xx

• Posted

Hi pinkcatfairy, thanks for trying to reassure me, the panic attacks and anxiety I'm getting on a daily basis is incredible and very debilitating, it makes me feel really depressed

I think if your already suffering from high anxiety when you go into meno the symptoms are extreme, I also have s history of ME so my adrenal glands are already struggling

I hope we can all see an improvement in our symptoms soon

Take care and a big hug for you x

• Posted

First of all you need to take 2.5mg for a week you will not become addicted just for a week then second week one every other day until you settle down and stop the anxiety cortisol and adrenaline surges then exercise exercise take up a hobby
    • Posted

Whoops 2.5mg valium
    • Posted

I do take diazepam Jane but I 1/2 a 2mg and have 1/2 in the morning and the other 1/2 at bedtime

I know it's not much but my anxiety makes me anxious about side effects

I can't exercise cos of the balance problem but your right I do need a distraction away from thinking about symptoms all of the time but I don't know what to do

Love

Brenda x

• Posted

I am same. Afraid to go higher on dose. And finding a distraction is hard to find.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.