HELP!! been prescribed mirtazipine 30mg but I'm scared to take it!! advice please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone basically I have been told I have "anxiety" this is so hard to believe but after 8 ecgs, 2 chest x rays, heart enzyme test, and blood tests all normal irs getting to the point it's ridiculous and I need to believ there is nothing wrong! I suffer badly with constant racing heart, palpitations, burnin type pain in left breast area and underneath and pressure and tightness in chest and I still can't get it into my head it's anxiety with such physical symptoms sad it's driveN me out of work for the past month as I have been so certain I am having a heart attack every time I get these symptoms I also feel like my chest is just gunna cave in because there's that much pressure this is why I find it so hard to believe it's anxiety even though I have been told by hospital /doctors etc! Long story short I'm currently on my 4th week of Propanolol 10mg 3 times a day, these haven't really done that much definitely calms my heart rate butbthen it comes back about half hour later, I was at my doctors today he prescribed me mirtazipine 30mg to take one a night! I done the stupid.mistake of reading the side effects and the biggest one is weight gain, I suppose that's a small.price to pay for getting rid. Of these horrible symptoms !! What's really worrying me is iv got all the above symptoms at the moment and I'm scared to take the mirtazipine in case it makes me worse or increases or adds to my current symptoms I sound ridiculous I know but I'm literally scard to take them doctors said it was ok to take with my propanolol I took this about half hour ago but haven't started mirtazipine yet, has anybody been in this situation regarding the same medication and symptoms? I just need some advice the only way I always feel safe and not feel like I'm having a heart attack is when I'm sat in a&e this is ridiculous I'm 22 female and this has ruined me completely as I can imagine it has other people I just don't see no hope in my future anymore I used. To be so outgoing and bubbly got great family boyfriend and friends but I just don't know how to carry on shall I take the mirtazipine and hope for the best sad sorry for the Long post any advice would be great thanks in advance laura x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i took those.i was also supposedly suffering from anxiety.

they didnt do much for me except help me sleep,i was still constantly dizzy during the day.

i started my own discussion here just 10 mins ago,i think the doctors belive i have anxiety,to go for an ecg soon.many different symptoms across the board im getting,its really annoying and most of all worrying.

i expect them to say "nothing found in ecg,take this tablet..dont think about it.

• Posted

Hi Laura I'm not on the same meds as you I take sertraline 50mg been on it for 2 weeks had some horrible side effects but going to stick at it and see how I get on. I'm the same as u in constantly worrying in dying have a heart attack I'm 23 years old Ive been to my doctors loads and a and e they have told me it's anxiety I've had ecg and all was fine but I just can't get my head around it that anxiety can make me feel so bad it's horrible. I had a few alcoholic drinks last night to make me feel better but I'm feeling awful this morning you are not alone in this its a horrible thing to go through I never leave my house hope u start to feel better soon x
    • Posted

alcohol cafine tea. are 3 of the main causes of the palpatations etc. i dont really take any of them,yet i have these feelings like im just 5 mins away from a heart attack.

ive took the day off work . It's my wifes birthday,but im svared to have a few drinks later.

as for the originsl poster of this thread,id try the tablets,never mind the "fat" side effects.

id rather be a fat happy guy,than a skinny worrying guy.,

• Posted

You'll do a lot of sleeping.

You have to fight the urge to overeat. Mirtazapine is also prescribed for patients that need to put on weight. Stick to your same diet and exercise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.