Help...can't stop eating!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just had a 'proper' period as I normally bleed a bit everyday but am going through a phase where I can't stop eating.....all the sweet things too! I dont even feel full up im still looking in the cupboard for biscuits or something sweet. I feel bloated and uncomfortable but still have the urge to eat, I've eaten so much fruit today but doesn't stop the sweet urge.....help???

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracky, look at your sleep pattern. Tiredness can make you feel the need to wake up with sugar intake. Have you had blood tests done to check your iron levels , thyroids as they can throw your body balance off?

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you, my thyroid and iron were taken in March so doctor doesn't feel these need to be rechecked. I most probably need more self control!
  • Posted

Fruit will make you crave more sugar as it has plenty of sugar in it. Step back and drink some water to help flush out the toxin (sugar), and then look towards stocking protein in as snacks. Nuts, seeds, unsweetened peanut butter. Protein with good fat will help you feel full and curb those urges.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.