Help....cant deal with these symptoms!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Where do i start? 4 years ago i started HRT and felt great on it. Then i had a scan and found i have fibroids so was advised to come off. Ive been HRT free now for a year. I didnt really notice any problems until a few months ago.

Ive always had regular periods but twice now ive started on my 21st day instead of my usual 28/30 days. My most recent period was painful like contractions although the blood is thinner and watery now. The fatigue is horrendous. I couldnt cope and was actually off work and in bed i felt so bad. Long story short.....i went to the doctor who repeated my bloods which again came back as "normal"!. I know my body and im far from normal at the moment. My doctor said i could go back on HRT to help my symptons but i didnt want to as i would need a HRT which would give me a bleed each month. I want to continue natuarally and see when my periods stop.

Has anyone else experienced the painful periods im having and terrible fatigue. I just cant cope like this each month. But i cant stay off work all the time. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Also suffering with mood swings and bad bloating. Help!!

Elaine.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi elaine

i am bloated too, lots of gas, tired, feel run down,   periods are closer and shorter, I don't take HRT, I'm just letting nature take it's course and see how I go, some days I feel like staying in bed all day, on other days I am full of energy, weird symptoms but I Just take it as it comes, I was lost too before I joined this forum, now I'm more confident and understand what is happening to me, I've read a lot on this blog and it's been sooooo helpful.

• Posted

Hi Kadija1966,

Do you work? I am or was in so much pain i just couldnt function. Ive never had painful periods before now. As for the bloating it feels like ive a pair of legs inside my belly just pushing my belly out. Bit like when i was expecting my son! No im definitely not pregnant!!

Im suffering with insomnia too, pee a lot more especially when im due a period. Dont know what i can take to help all these symptoms? I can see my going back on HRT.

• Posted

Hi Elaine,

I hope you find some relief soon. I am much like Kadija, I have days where I feel horrible and my last menses was unbearable. It felt like someone was twisting my uterus with their bare hands. Then other days I feel fine. I have weird sensations but I deal with it as it comes. My doc won't give me HRT so I'm not taking anything besides my regular scripted meds. It's tough, but if you feel you need to go back on HRT then give it a go. Only you know how much you can handle.

• Posted

I am going through the same thing as you . I have been on a woman's one a day vitamin for four days now and it has definitely given me more energy!
    • Posted

Im taking lots of vitamins but i dont feel any benefit when im near or on a period. Ive tried herbal remedies but cant say ive had much relief really sad
    • Posted

I'm also taking a b 6 vitamin with my one a day for energy
    • Posted

Elaine

Have you had your iron level checked? My iron is low because of my heavy bleeds and it makes me tired. I am taking iron and vitamin supplements but still suffer from fatigue. I'm 53 and just trying to go through naturally but getting impatient lol.

• Posted

I'm so sorry we all had to meet under these circumstances but I am thankful for this site and all of the input and experiences we share
  • Posted

My symptoms was much worse last year, I was seeing my doctor nearly every week, at some point I was thinking there is something very serious with me.... Spend loads on tests and ultrasound, done blood works, was having very bad allergy every night as well, hives all over my body,  couldn't sleep, felt hungry, bloated, gas, u name it I had it....very heavy bleeding with clots, it was crazy, and all it was it's the menopause, since beginning of this  year I am fine, I sleep well, and I feel normal, just some days I get a bit moody and want yo cry for no reason..

i do work but it's not made a big impact on my job as my boss understands what I'm going thru. 

I also take herbal infusions, I go for swim as I live on a tropical island, I do meditations, spend time In nature, I eat mainly organic fruits, it's help me a lot...and most of all I've tried not to think about my symptoms, when it's worse I try to sleep it off. 

• Posted

im sorry you have all these symptoms but hey you live on a tropical island ,swim every day eat organic fruits etc.  you are lucky to have this to help you on your way with this transition  just think a lot of us would love such a luxury to stop us constantly thinking about these problems tropical oasis um can just picture it now , im lucky if i can get in a car and go to the supermarket let alone get on a plane to enjoy the surroundings and rest you do  make the most of what you have (you are lucky) good luck hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.