Help classes/groups for depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I was wondering whether anybody knows of any groups or schemes - like depression helps groups. I'm looking for things specifically for men - anything like sports classes or something helping with depression etc.

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

there are lots of depression talks in this group just ask one of the members or google for in your area,Sports classes will defornatley help you keep it low but then there are days when you cant even get to the gym because you feel low then you can come here and chat it always makes you feel better talking to someone who has the same because trying to talk to someone who has never had it you might as well come from a different planet they are just never going to get you ,so good luck i hope you find a sport you can enjoy and help you feel better
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sophielaura, If you google meetups in your local area you should be able to find all sorts of groups and sports groups too.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

the cairos foundation in london do life training courses but it costs and you have to be prepared to bare your soul to semi trained volunteers who may or may not help you.

In my case it was a learning curve but I found it to be a bit of a clique but a nice clique.

Or you could do cbt online at a fraction of the cost.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sophielaura, you can easily search online for support groups for depression nearby your area. It really works! All the best
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up