Help confused about thrush treatment

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I have been prescribed a three day course of fluconazole treatment for thrush even though I took the pessary treatment last week (it keeps coming back) my worry is my contraceptive - I'm on the progesterone only pill and my doctor says it's fine it will not interact my pharmacist said to use condoms while doing the treatment and three days after. I can't get a conclusive answer and I don't know what to do, me and my boyfriend find condoms incredibly uncomfortable but then don't want to be worrying that I could be pregnant next few weeks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Wouldn't you want to use condoms if either of you has thrush anyway?  Men can get it too, so it can ping pong between partners.

• Posted

hi yes but my partner has already had treatment a week ago and his symtoms has cleared and we abstained for sex during that time. this treatment is more precautionary as i am getting thrush every 3-4 weeks and my symptoms are gone at the moment. i just dont understand how some doctors say its fine but others dont

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.