Help does anybody feel like there having a heart attack every day

Posted , 5 users are following.

I hate this feeling pain in left arm sometimes right arm chest discomfort. Went to er three times last year said it was anxiety does anybody else feel this way

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I do!!! All the time... VERY bad chest pain... Right in the center of my heart with left arm pain... Scares me half to death... And I get surges of adrenaline and my heart races soooo fast
  • Posted

So do i get the left arm and chest and under my left rib cage pain. Scares Me to death i ended up in the ER couple of times they did Ekgs x rays blood test you name it they did it all come back to acid re flux heart burn and anxiety.
  • Posted

So do i get the left arm and chest and under my left rib cage pain. Scares Me to death i ended up in the ER couple of times they did Ekgs x rays blood test you name it they did it all come back to acid re flux heart burn and anxiety.
    • Posted

Have you had a chest ct scan with contrast or a D-dimer blood test? I had similar and had all the heart tests and chest X-Rays came back ok, but I could feel something was wrong so I got a chest CT with contrast and it turned out I had multiple pulmonary emboli. I also used to get pins and needles in my hands and what I thought was trapped wind in my chest and around my ribs.
    • Posted

Hi... This is my fear Moon, Ive been to the er twice and did 2 ultrasounds on legs because I did have leg cramps too... Which have gone away... And they did the d dimer test twice too and both came negative and both doctors felt like I wasn't at risk and didn't need a ct scan but... I feel different. Can you please explain your story?? How long were you in pain before you had your ct scan?

• Posted

I first got a crushing chest pain like suffocating feeling when I lay on my back when I was last on the contraceptive pill, so I came off it and the pain cleared up a bit. Then I started to get palpitations about a couple of months later and they took hours to slow down. I went to my GP who’s sent me straight to hospital and they did ECG and blood tests and by the time I was there my heart had slowed down and they said I had to be there when my heart was having palpitations. So then I started to get the chest pain at night again with breathing issues, I looked up my  symptoms and thought have had angina even though I wasn’t typical of the age and weight of people who usually get it. I went back to my GP who put me on beta blockers. I ended up in hospital again with palpitations and they said it was probably an anxiety attack. I said I used to get anxiety attacks and it felt nothing like that but they couldn’t explain it. I got an echocardiogram which came back normal and I struggled for years with my symptoms, until this year I felt like I couldn’t breath properly at all and the chest pain and palpitations were unbearable even on beta blockers. I went to hospital again they put a pulse oximeter on my finger and listened to my lungs, gave me a chest X-ray and did an ECG had a look at my legs to check for a DVT and told me I probably had musculoskeletal pain or maybe take a different indigestion tablet.  So I looked up my symptoms again and decided I needed a CT scan with contrast which I organised myself and then that is when I got my diagnosis. About 7 or 8 years after I had my first symptom! You can have mini blood clots for years and I am lucky to be alive. 

The good thing with you is you were given 2 D-dimers that came back ok. They never even thought to give me one!

Have you had an echocardiogram? Is there anyone with heart or lung problems in your family or anyone who has had clots?

• Posted

Wow!! That is a miracle that your still alive Moon!! No... My cardiologist said my event monitor was good except for some pvc and pac... My grandmother was recently diagnosed with a blood clot but.... Was told today by another er trip that doctors don't even put you at a risk factor for family members. Thank you so Much for sharing your story. Ive just got to learn how to trust the doctors and keep telling myself that the pain Im having is ok and yes Ive had 2 d DIMER tests and they were normal. I know NO test is 100 percent but... Death is very scarey.

• Posted

Do you have a lot of caffeine or sugar? Cutting down can help a bit. What is your resting heart rate?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.