Help dr halted right away my venaflaxine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Help anyone's advice please

been on fluoxetine for 3 yr 

started counciling they suggested to stop go on anxiety med venaflaxine these were as so fluoxetine stopped forthwith Monday eve Tuesday morn venaflaxine started carried on with venaflaxine 3 months dr didn't think they work for me so told me to stop straight away and give myself 7 day break then start back on fluoxetine day 8 

im on day 7 of total cold turkey of venaflaxine pls someone help I am sick sweat shake vomit cry omg I cry the nightmares 

is there anything I can do to help myself till I start back on fluoxetine tomorrow 

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Go back and speak to your doc telling them you are struggling

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Hi Amanda

that's shocking that you were forced into cold turkey. Everything your feeling will pass but it may take another week or so. Your doctor should be ashamed of themselves.

Have you got anything you can take to get you through this period? Eg diazepam or similar? I was forced to stop abruptly at one point and after 3 days I felt dreadful. Over that period i did enough crying for a lifetime!

so sorry you are going through this, try and go with eg. Rest, cry and remember this will pass.

god bless ♥

• Posted

Hi lorraine I resorted to taking just one before bed Last night within 1.5 hr my stomach cramps had eased I slept no nightmares cold sweats shaking all gone.

I start back on my fluoxitine this morning if I thought for one minute that I could manage not even taking anything I really would but me sat on the steps crying my eyes out with a red puffy face is not a good look

Thank u for ur support

• Posted

Hi Amanda

I'm sure you look great even with a puffy face! I think you have been treated harshly by your gp. I hope you will start feeling better over the next few days. Please let us know how you get on ♥

God bless x

• Posted

Hi that is so wrong,we all know you should never just stop medication.i was on paroxtene for 16 years and I came of slowly. And the side effects I've suffered have been discusting.you need to go get help right away.i feel your pain.
  • Posted

You need to go back and see your gp

i was told that fluoxetine you can stay on for life,that was from a psychiatrist 

when he was on our ward reviewing a patient

• Posted

Sorry I pad cut my reply short

you should never stop a medication completely without gradually going down in doses

hope it all gets sorted for you

• Posted

Amanda, counsellors are notorious for trying to get people off antidepressants......they are selling their own product, psychotherapy and CBT.  You were happy on fluoxetine, so stay with it.  They have no right to disagree with your docs decision.  Counselling may help you, but I think some of us do need the meds to correct the brain chemicals. I'd be interested to hear what your doc thought!
    • Posted

Therapy is not about geting you of medication 

It to try and get to the root of your problem and help you deal with it,

I am on both medication and therapy

• Posted

That's true Lynn, but I had a counsellor last year who suggested it CBT was the best way forward.
    • Posted

I went to 4 weeks of counciling each time I repeated my name that I have 3 children yes I am married the reasons I'm coming for counciling my therapy options then it was time to leave never mind me the poor councilor needed help we never got past the above in the whole 4 week it was like groundhog day
    • Posted

Its CBT you need that teaches you how to deal with anxiety/panic.

There is a switch in your brain that is broken it is telling you your in danger when your not. Thats what you have to fix!!

• Posted

you are having a tough time of it. I hope that you feel better in the next week.

rich

• Posted

Thank u Richard for the first time in a week I resorted to taking a pill at bed time within about 1.5 hrs later stomach cramps had eased head had cleared and I slept peaceful no nightmares etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.