Help! Feeling really low!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I've been feeling really low for about 12 days I'm on citalopram 10mg and mirtazipine 7.5mg and the past couple of days my anxiety has been so bad I've been having panic attacks which I've rarely get...I dropped my little one at school this morning and ran all the way home sof I could cry! Believe me I needed that cry it's been building up and I find it hard to cry! When I get this low I normally turn to alcohol, I never drink but when I get this low which is about once a year I usually turn to drink to help my mood and anxiety and then after I feel a thousand times worse! I'm not gonna though. I have a doctors appointment at 1.30 I'm gonna ask if I can up my citalopram dose, I'm so fed up, normally I can manage my anxiety but when I feel really depressed I hate it, just want to feel like my normal self again 😠

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The normal dose for Citalopram is 20mg to start with, and Mirtazapine is between 15-45mg.
  • Posted

Hi, sorry you're so down. It's awful when anxiety hits you like a ton of bricks and you have a really bad patch.it just consumes us. Please don't go down the alcohol route, I've been there before I got help. I would drink as it relaxed me, it made me feeelbok for a while, but next day I'd feel terrible and either have another drink to relax again or sit crying with hopelessness. It didn't help in the long run, it actually is a depressant and makes you worse. Your doing right thing going to doctor. Explain your concerns and how bad you feel, they know best about meds. Glad you reached out here, it's really reasuring here and helps to talk

• Posted

Aw Pamela that awful I've been there, done exact same thing as you in beginning would drop my girls off and run home and cry daily for months.. when a couldn't sleep at night a would also have some alcohol as a last resort as having no sleep on top of the anxiety was hell... like you would feel worse in morning for it.. they gave me diazepam at my worst but this is something short term then put me on sertraline but it made every thing worse so am trying to do it natural now so I have good and bad days... hope you feel better.. get it all out with doctor every little detail so they can help you.. do you get much support with your little girl sometimes that helps too especially when your feeling so bad.. hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Thanks for your reply 😊 my little one is only 6, I show that I'm happy when I'm around him. My hubby is good around me he helps me. I just want this dark cloud to dissappear....I hope you feel better soon Heather x take care x

• Posted

Am certain it will leave. your Doing right thing seeing your doctor. Your welcome ,i can relate to a lot of people on here. It's good to have some extra support from people who understand. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.