Help- First time vertigo

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an inner ear infection a little over a month ago. ever since the infection my ear has fealt full. I had an MRI and everything came back normal. I have had 2 full blown vertigo attacks within the past 6 weeks. I don't have any ringing in my ears nor any hearing loss. I have never had any ear problems before. Is this a sign of meniers disease? what are the first sign of symptoms someone has when they get this disease?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How long was the vertigo episodes? 
    • Posted

the first episode lasted a couple days(2-3 days). last weeks episode lasted 1 day but there was 1-2 days of after effects where I ame extremtly tired and feel motion sick
  • Posted

Could be menieres or migraines. Even if you don't have headaches you could have migraines. I would speak to a dr

• Posted

The symptoms are most likely a result of the inner ear infection that you mentioned that affected the nerve near there or its receptors related to balance.  The absence of hearing loss or ringing means that the cochlear (hearing) nerve has not been infected.This is not Meniere's disease.  Do we continue to improve following the infection?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Yes I have improved. my ear infection went away several weeks ago. the vertigo happend 4 days after the infection had went away. Ever since the infection my ear has felt full. When I exericse I feel like it might trigger the vertigo. I still feel off and about 75 percent but the ENT said nothing is wrong. It's just very confusing and I dont know what else could be wrong

• Posted

Give it a while longer, and your brain/ear should compensate further.  Get back to me after two weeks.  If it does not go away completely you many need some vestibular rehabilitation, but lets see if it fixes itself first.  In the meantime, use your hands, eyes, as much as you can, perhaps both at the same time, to help in the healing process.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

This week I started working out again. Last nignt around midnight i woke up with severe anxiety. About 10 mins later i started having a vertigo attack. I feel very nauseas and cant really eat this morning. Why does the vertigo attack cause severe anxiety? Why does it keep happening? Do you think the exercise is causing the issue?
    • Posted

Maybe because you feel the attack coming on. So that's what starts the anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.